- Manage the day-to-day Continuous Integration activities for delivering high quality digital solutions in a fast paced environment.
- Ensure processes, procedures, and tools to build mobile and cloud based software in an agile environment are in place Help define delivery strategies and collaborate across development and operations teams to deliver successful digital solutions.
- Maintain multiple development, test and production environments ensuring they are consistently setup and configured.
- Coach teams on the use of processes and tolos.
- Establish and ensure processes are in place and followed to allow continuous integration and delivery.
- Setup and ensure proper technology and tools are in place to allow continuous integration and delivery.
- Continuous improvement of build and testing processes.
- Troubleshoot, trace and isolate build and delivery issues versus code issues.
- Drive collaboration across stakeholder representatives from all aspects of the project, including developers, testers, architects and operations.
- Manage operational relationship with third party suppliers, consultants and contractors for delivery of digital solutions.
Key Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience administering continuous integration and continuous deployment tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Nagios, Docker, Splunk, Grafana…).
- 3+ years of experience working with web and mobile applications environments, cloud technologies, web service concepts (REST, JSON, XML) and micro-services architecture.
- 5+ Agile methodology experience (Scrum, Kanban…).
- Solid understanding and practical experience of software development life cycles, with emphasis on release engineering functions.
- Experience with source code branching and merging strategy with Git and managing build tools (maven, ant, etc.).
- Experience with building/deploying/managing AWS on an enterprise level.
- Experience working with relational DB and non-SQL DB (Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.).
- Proficient in Linux Shell scripting.
- Proficient in developing/programming (Python, Java, Ruby, etc.).
- Experienced with configuration management (Salt, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef).
- Excellent at building workflows and processes around releasing code through multiple environments.
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think innovative, strategically and solid judgment and how/when to escalate.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Proven ability to work efficiently with cross functional teams globally distributed and 3rd party relationships.
- BS in CS Science/Software Engineering or related.
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.
These are our stories - stories of the obstacles and opportunities that define and celebrate the unique people at Genentech