South San Francisco
California, United States of America
Internship Start Date: January 2019, or May/June 2019
Length of Assignment: 1 year
Work Hours: 40 hours per week
Clinical Data Management (CDM) is a large, diverse organization composed of a number of specialized functions that all contribute to the success of clinical trials. CDM is responsible for the most important deliverable of a clinical trial – the collection and management of high quality data that is used to support the decision-making analysis determining if a new drug is safe and effective.
The internship in Clinical Programming requires interns to:
1. Work in a designated area of Clinical Programming and, if possible, rotate to other functions to introduce the intern to the overall operation of the group.
2. Attend department staff meetings, team meetings and trainings as appropriate
3. Interact with managers and other staff regarding work assignments.
Objectives of the Internship:
The goal of the internship in Clinical Programming is to provide interns with practical experience in business organizations, particularly those in the biotech and pharmaceutical fields. This will enable interns to apply practical knowledge gained through classroom study to real-world, concrete situations. Additionally, the objectives are:
1. Develop the intern’s communication and problem solving skills.
2. Act as a resource to help interns gain entry level positions in the field.
3. Give interns the opportunity to provide technical and administrative support to the organization.
4. Enable interns to obtain an insider’s perspective of the structure and operation of a complex, global organization in the area of database build, SAS programming and Spotfire visualization development.
5. Enable interns to develop competencies in various areas of programming.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in computer science, statistics, mathematics, biostatistics, public health, statistics or bio-informatics
Working knowledge of SAS (preferred) and/or R
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Collaboration and team-oriented
Willingness to get trained
Demonstrated project management skills and leadership skills
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.
These are our stories - stories of the obstacles and opportunities that define and celebrate the unique people at Genentech