South San Francisco - Field
California, United States of America
Clinical Reimbursement Manager, Ocrevus
Territory: Washington D.C. and Virginia
The Clinical Reimbursement Manager (CRM) is a newly created position charged with educating on the clinical profile, the approved infusion process, and compliantly supporting customers with patient specific access needs for the benefit of patients and their continuity of care.
This role reports to the Clinical Reimbursement Area Manager (CR-AM), Multiple Sclerosis Squad. The CRM brings clinical, access and reimbursement expertise to the field and internal teams. They are an invaluable member of the field team supporting continuity of care through clinical education, infusion access, and reimbursement expertise. The CRM helps to minimize common barriers to care in a legal and compliant way in order to support appropriate access patient access to care.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reimbursement responsibilities:
• Resolves reimbursement issues or concerns
• Communicates payor criteria/terms and practices
• Educates and assists clinics, HCP’s, infusion sites and others with payer coverage & reimbursement challenges and inaccuracies
• Proactively communicates and explains Genentech-specific reimbursement programs, policies, procedures and resources
• Acts as a subject matter expert on the local payer and reimbursement landscape
• Supports process integration to facilitate access
• Patient Navigation Liaison
• Serves as the conduit between the healthcare provider and patient navigation to support patient access to therapy
• Key link between the field and Patient Navigator
• Assists with patient specific case management needs including infusion location
• Clinical Education
• Provides clinical education in-services to customers, after a prescribing decision has been made including infusion nurses, Advanced Practice Provider’s and pharmacists.
• Ensures positive customer experiences with Genentech products by providing ongoing clinical support
• Oversees contract nurse educators
• Identifies and train’s new infusion locations
• Provides on label patient education after the clinical decision has been made
• Local advocacy development – payer, office administrator, infusion sites
• Works with relevant state, institutional or other societies
• Identifies potential access and clinical barriers to on-label brand use
• Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of GNE activities and demonstrates a commitment to Genentech policies and the agile compliance philosophy
? Meets administrative expectations consistently
? Complies with all company policies and processes across all aspects of job function
? Business travel by air or car is regularly required
? This is a field-based customer engaging position
• Communication – Listens well; expresses ideas fluently and logically; is open to input and demonstrates integrity – Consistently communicates with field partners and internal partners
• Technical and Business Expertise – Clinical education of HCP, office staff, infusion facilities – Expertise in managed markets, reimbursement and patient services - Applies emerging knowledge and trends - Builds strong relationships - Contributes to expertise within and beyond assigned area
• Strategic agility – Articulates wise, long-term objectives and strategies - Balances what will pay off in the short run with what will provide long-term improvements.
• Teamwork and Collaboration – Works closely and professionally with all members of the MS/NMO teams in the field and inhouse. Pulls appropriate team members together for expertise and problem solution
• Achieving Results -Accountable for achieving or exceeding goals and meeting or exceeding expectations of the role on a consistent basis.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Masters degree in Science, MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred
• 5 or more years work experience
• 5 or more years of clinical experience in Multiple Sclerosis, Neurology, Immunology and/or infusion related products preferred.
• A minimum of 2 or more years direct experience with managed care and reimbursement is preferred, either directly within/from the pharmaceutical/biotech industry or relevant, large- scale practice management
• Must demonstrate excellent working knowledge of reimbursement and the practice management and managed markets environment
• Previous experience in Neurology therapeutic area(s) is strongly preferred
• Previous experience with both private & public payers is preferred
• Previous experience in other functions in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry is a plus, e.g. product marketing, managed care marketing, field sales/sales management, field account management, etc.
• Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding goals and objectives
• Previous experience in completing & implementing attainable business plans
• Previous work or clinical specific experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech, or related industry is preferred
• Must live within 60 miles of the territory
This is a remote position. This position requires significant use of either a company provided or personal vehicle to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the role. As a result, Genentech, Inc. (Company) from time to time will check your motor vehicle record for purposes of determining your eligibility for driving a Company vehicle or driving any vehicle on Company business. This is a remote position.
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
These are our stories - stories of the obstacles and opportunities that define and celebrate the unique people at Genentech