South San Francisco
California, United States of America
Who We Are (GP)
With Government entities being Genentech’s largest customer, the Government Programs (GP) team within Managed Care and Customer Operations (Channel and Contract Management) is responsible for managing the complexities of Government Pricing to enable patient access through the federal drug programs (Medicare, Medicaid, 340B, Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense Federal Supply Schedule & TRICARE). GP does this by reporting accurate pricing calculations, paying government rebates and providing strategic value to its managed care partners. Collectively, these efforts help Genentech meet evolving business needs and foster a culture of compliance around government programs.
Reporting directly to the Group Manager of Medicaid Rebates, the Medicaid Rebate Manager will lead and manage moderate to unusually complex state and supplemental Medicaid Rebates in compliance with strict accuracy targets, timelines, laws and regulations, GP methodology and all applicable Genentech policies and guidelines. This position may participate in and lead various cross-functional teams and projects, assess and recommend solutions and communicate to relevant stakeholders and management.
• Manage the end-to-end Medicaid Rebates process for all assigned contracts. Act as lead subject matter expert for others
• Develop and implement standard department reports, score cards, metrics, customer business reviews, compliance and other ad hoc reporting.
• Lead and influences on complex, innovative and strategic operational projects and cross functional teams
• Develop and cultivate strong relationships across team and organization as well as externally with State Medicaid Agencies
• Act as a lead liaison with Government Analytics and other stakeholders to perform complex analytics and assess its effect on government programs and develops appropriate responses
• Identify and communicate impacts to Medicaid rebate pricing and other related programs and share specific analysis where interdependencies between calculations and claims exist
• Lead cross-functional activities related to accurate and compliant execution of the 340B pricing program
• Lead efforts with Finance and others to track and reconcile customer rebates to ensure adequacy of financial reserves, data integrity issues are resolved and penalties are avoided
• Evaluate contract performance using trend reports and approved financial modeling templates
• Ensure audit preparedness and support internal and external audits
• Drive continuous improvements
• Is an official peer reviewer and coach of other staff members’ work
• Train and educate others outside of the department
• May act in the capacity of Lead for Government Claims during manager's absence
Key Competency Profile: The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies critical to this role:
Technical and Business Expertise:
• Have/or able to acquire a deep understanding of Government Programs and regulations in order to meet all government requirements.
• Have aptitude for and enjoy detailed technical data, apply knowledge to improve results in an operational setting and contribute to overall team success.
• Ability to assess complex long term objectives, business strategies, and government regulations, translating these into operational outcomes.
• Leverage critical thinking and problem solving skills to develop and implement streamlined and compliant business processes and systematic solutions.
• Gathers all necessary information, uses good judgment to make decisions and knows when to escalate decisions to the appropriate level.
• Is aware of what groups or individuals may be impacted by decisions and consults with them throughout the decision making process.
• Is able to articulate the rationale behind any decisions and recommendations made.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
• Desire to work in a team environment where the results of the individual contribute to moving the team forward and achieving the team goals.
• Capable of addressing and resolving conflict by creating an atmosphere of openness and trust, establishes strong collaborative relationships within and across teams.
Who You Are – Qualifications:
You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
• Bachelors Degree in areas of General Business, Finance or Public Policy Disciplines are preferred
• MBA or other related graduate-level degree is a plus
• A minimum of 4-6 years’ work experience in government programs or related analytics
• 2 or more years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related industry, highly preferred
• Demonstrable/expert knowledge of the different state and federal government agencies that purchase pharmaceutical/ biotechnology or related industry products
• Demonstrable/expert knowledge of the current policies and guidelines that affect government programs, pricing and payment adjustments (e.g., Medicare, Medicaid)
• Strong knowledge of systems and reporting mechanisms that support contract administration particular to the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related industry
• Must demonstrate a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word
• Previous experience in other functions within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry is preferred
• Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding qualitative, as well as any relevant quantitative, targets and goals
• Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings or conferences
Are you ready to apply? We are looking for someone who thinks beyond the job offered – someone who knows that this position can be a springboard to many other opportunities at Genentech. When applying for this position, already project yourself in the future. Think about what could come next and how you would like to build your future.
For Internal Candidates applying for this position be familiar with and able to clearly articulate Genentech’s Operating Principles and how you have incorporated them into your previous role(s)
While we will interview the most qualified applicants for this role, we will prioritize CCM candidates who have been displaced from their current roles due to organizational restructuring.
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
These are our stories - stories of the obstacles and opportunities that define and celebrate the unique people at Genentech