South San Francisco
California, United States of America
Key Position Details:
Launched 15 years ago, Xolair is currently in an incredibly dynamic period of its lifecycle.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to embrace the opportunities that come with change, establish strong partnerships with the field teams and Novartis, and drive focus around our strategies to make meaningful progress for patients and customers each day.
• Supports the development and execution of Xolair’s value proposition, customer positioning, and the end-to-end customer experience. For access projects, supports the development and execution of the Genentech value proposition and the end-to-end organized customer experience. In the digital space, ensures that the development and execution of the Xolair’s value proposition reflect best-in-class digital marketing practices.
• Responsible for optimizing all marketing materials, including branding, messaging, and channel mix for target customers. Creates new materials when necessary to address a customer need.
• Uses and commissions appropriate marketing research needed to drive Xolair's overall market positioning and to inform the optimal end-to-end customer experience
• Identifies and works regularly with internal network partners and external resources to deliver product marketing activities
• Responsible for ensuring a seamless, well-integrated product message and position across multiple marketing platforms
• Accountable for high quality, compliant execution across all marketing platforms and customer types (e.g. patients, providers, organized customers)
• Prioritizes and creates personal messages and resources for field-based channels in coordination with non-personal messages and resources
• Monitors marketing activity usage, performance, and customer satisfaction to optimize campaigns and drive customer and business outcomes
• Partners with the Genentech and Novartis Joint Promotional Review Team (JPRT), including Legal and Regulatory, to ensure development, approval, and pull-through of compliant and effective promotional tactics
• Leads and/or participates in flexibly deployed work teams across the CMG network, contributing novel ideas or approaches based on their areas of expertise
• Works autonomously to make decisions and act, in close alignment with the full product value proposition, customer positioning, and Squad priorities
Skills and Competencies:
• Strong working knowledge of all aspects of brand marketing
to include positioning, branding, campaign development and channel mix
• Knowledge of the healthcare ecosystem including health economics, policy and the regulatory environment
• Knowledge of each critical customer type e.g. patients, providers, organized customers as well as their experiences and their needs end-to-end
• Ability to think with an enterprise mindset
• Ability to influence and inspire individuals and teams across the CMG network
• Breadth of experience in product/therapeutic area, access marketing and multichannel marketing
• Ability to flex and thrive in an ambiguous environment undergoing transformational change
• Strong customer orientation and focus
• Strong analytical skills to effectively utilize research and behavioral data to shape strategies and tactics
• Strong agency management skills
• Ability to translate strategic direction into action plan for self, and make progress in the face of ambiguity
• Good judgment in recognizing the distinction between "good enough"and perfection
• Embraces change, embodies a continuous improvement mindset, and exemplifies agile principles in day-to-day activities
.Relocation assistance is being provided
.Up to 20% overnight travel
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing / Business preferred
• MBA or other related graduate level degree preferred
• 8-15 years experience with the majority working in a product marketing function
• Experience in the managed care, pharmaceutical or biotech industry/pharmaceutical or biotech field sales
• Marketing experience in other relevant industries
• Experience in creating marketing strategies, plans and tactics that have strengthened market positioning and driven high-value customer and business outcomes
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
These are our stories - stories of the obstacles and opportunities that define and celebrate the unique people at Genentech