The Procurement Manager is expected to:
· Lead & manage the harmonization (where possible) of current processes / systems / spend / vendors for Indirect Procurement across Roche (Malaysia), and to implement areas of improvement & best practices
· Manage the development and performance of the transaction team to achieve efficient processing and effective team working.
· Create and lead a high performing team of senior analyst and analyst
· Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
· Set clear team goals
· Motivate team members
· Discover training needs, build capability and provide coaching
· Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
· Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments, manage performance issues if required
· Monitor team performance and review the KPI metrics related to the function and provide commentaries and root cause analysis where required for further discussion with the Manager.
Take the lead in issue resolution on operational matters.
· Delegate tasks and set deadlines
· Evaluates functional or project sourcing specific needs and how they can impact the current sourcing strategy(ies)
· Defines project- or function- specific sourcing strategies with input from project team members or functional representatives, as appropriate
· Liaise with Global Category / Regional Procurement Managers to assess Partner/Vendor capacity and risks and define strategies to mitigate.
· Leads the sourcing and contracting process, between the functions or teams and potential vendors Manage
· Provide outsourcing services in support of business teams and functional groups, to include the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, service provider identification, selection, bid presentation, bid analysis, site assessment visit, contract development, change orders and issue management.
· Identify cost saving opportunities and drive positive results across functions
· Implements the procurement strategy and policies within teams and functions
· Ensure procurement activities are compliant to Roche Procurement Policy
· Adherence to Roche standards and ethics
· Negotiate with supplier for competitive pricing, contract terms, etc.
· Support Preferred Supplier List and Supplier Relationship Management
· Responsible for the administration, maintenance and execution of Local Procurement SOP’s
· Review and approve purchase orders
· Measures performance of vendors with respect to quality of work, cost, timelines and other related parameters
· Ensures appropriate risk evaluation and mitigation while meeting business needs
· Facilitates sourcing and contracting issue escalation and resolution
· Identify training needs related to service provider management and outsourcing process, including how to work most effectively with outsourcing service providers
· Participate in department goals or broader business partner or procurement initiatives
· Maintain Preferred Supplier List and Supplier Relationship Management Deliver
· Supports teams on sourcing and contracting on a daily basis
· Creates contracts, master agreements, work orders, change orders, budgets, payment schedules, etc. · Negotiates savings
· Delivers trainings to teams or functions on sourcing and contracting processes.
Professional and Technical Requirements
Experience, Competencies, Knowledge
· At least 6 years of experience in procurement related experience, category management, or similar, in a performance driven environment(preferably within the Pharmaceutical / Life Sciences sector).
· Knowledge of SAP solutions (e.g. SAP R/3 MM, SRM, BW), MS Office, Ariba
· 5 years of experience in managing Procurement Team in a shared service environment or an MNC would be an added advantage
· Ability to effectively negotiate business terms and financial costs
· High degree of customer focus for both internal and external customers and proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships
· Considerable and demonstrated business acumen
· Ability to work internationally and with multi-cultural teams
· Thorough understanding of: o Contract management o Project and functional outsourcing management o Partnership management
· Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal.
· Outstanding analytical skills
· Effective management of cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to work within a matrix.
· Ability to work within a change management culture.
· Ability to facilitate conflict resolution
· Ability to successfully function in a fast-paced environment
· Fluent in English
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
These are our stories - stories of the obstacles and opportunities that define and celebrate the unique people at Genentech