South San Francisco
California, United States of America
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Accountable for leading and overseeing key business support functions in CCO including, but not limited to, Study Start-Up, Vendor Management, Contracts, Resourcing, Finance, Process Improvement and local business performance and analytics.
• Responsible for providing line management to business support function leads (including, but not limited to, SSU Manager, Resource Manager, Finance Manager, Vendor Manager, Continuous Improvement, as applicable).
• Responsible for overseeing- either directly or by overseeing business support staff - contractual, regulatory (when applicable), financial and legal elements of cl inical trial operations, including adherence to local Fair Market Value.
• Responsible for providing strategic business support and insight to the Country Head/Local Clinical Operations Head to ensure appropriate financial, business and resource planning across the Clinical Operations department.
• Accountable for reviewing, analyzing and collecting local metrics to ensure processes and systems are in place to drive efficiency and reduce timelines across all business support functions. Responsible for providing business insights that provide a view of the portfolio of business, across clinical trial and non-clinical trial efforts and needs. Will also partner with PDG Business Insights & Analytics (BIA) in the development of global analyses/tools by providing country-specific needs/requirements to BIA to enable data-driven decision making.
• Responsible for ensuring strong relationship management of key internal stakeholders, including, but not limited to, legal, regulatory, finance, medical quality/logistics departments (as applicable) to ensure input is sought and all internal/external requirements are met. Also ensures strong external stakeholder engagement with relevant authorities/bodies to further enhance clinical trial processes, government policies/laws, via innovative approaches. Maintains awareness of changes in clinical operations processes across government, hospital and industry and liaises with applicable stakeholders when required.
• Responsible for oversight of continuous improvement initiatives, within the country /region and for partnering with PDG – Systems and Process Excellence (SPE) and the broader BSL network. to proactively identify and share areas for increased efficiency. Supports the local prioritization of continuous process improvement initiatives derived globally to ensure enhanced efficiency and productivity across business support functions and the broader department.
University degree or equivalent preferably in a medical/science-related field. Proven experience in business analytics, process / portfolio management, and clinical research/development or related industry. Previous line management experience/supervision of staff is essential.
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
These are our stories - stories of the obstacles and opportunities that define and celebrate the unique people at Genentech