South San Francisco
California, United States of America
The medical director selected for this role will work in cross functional teams across the BioOncology unit within the US to develop, maintain and execute the portfolio strategy for oncology. Personalized Health Care (PHC) will be included within this responsibility as well, but the job will not be limited just to PHC. This individual will balance the needs of the entire portfolio over any single molecule or disease area and will need to demonstrate a solid enterprise mindset as well as patient-centricity. A good understanding of clinical and real world data is required. Current understanding of emerging and disruptive technologies within healthcare will be necessary. Understanding of access chellenges and opportunities is a must.
In this role the Medical Director will be required to perform one or more of the following activities with the BioOncology portfolio
● Design, execute, and monitor medical strategies, plans and tactics spanning the lifecycle, including but not limited to:
● Provide clinically meaningful perspective for regulatory and other scientific communications
● Actively participate and contribute to relevant teams
Key Accountabilities for all Medical Directors:
● Acting as a medical individual for relevant study design and monitoring,,data interpretation, medical content development and review, scientific exchange and collaboration, clinical training and insights generation to internal stakeholders and external customer
● Accountable for implementing strategy through medical tactics, tapping into the network of
relevant expertise and insights
● Contribute medical expertise to Genentech work products and coach/mentor others as needed
● Facilitate sharing of information within, across and outside of Medical Affairs to enable medical
● Maintaining an in-depth understanding of relevant medical strategy and clinical, patient/caregiver,
payer and healthcare/market landscape
● Act as a guardian for high standards of compliance, ethics and safety; putting patients at the
center of all actions
Job Requirements: (all required unless otherwise specified)
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
These are our stories - stories of the obstacles and opportunities that define and celebrate the unique people at Genentech