Texas, United States of America
PURPOSE OF JOB: Individual will be a member of an outstanding technical team and be the primary conduit for surgical technical information to and from the clinical environment including the operating room and clinic. Individual will be responsible for all aspects of Investigator and clinical staff training, certification and product device technical support to ensure optimal patient outcomes. Individual may contribute to clinical development programs on multiple levels as an integral member.
Key Accountabilities: In this position, you will be primarily accountable to consistently and effectively:
● Provide master level device and surgical training, education and ongoing support to investigators and clinical staff on the use and application of company technology to the highest ethical and professional standards and in accordance with guidelines and direction.
● Work with company and clinical sites to support clinical trials involving Roche drug delivery device(s).
● Work with engineering, clinical and device teams to develop quality resources and knowledge assessment tools for the training of physicians and clinical support staff.
● Collect and internally communicate technical surgical information and feedback from clinical investigators.
● Continuously increase knowledge of new developments within the assigned market as well as company developments in order to function as a subject matter expert
Example Responsibilities in this position, you could:
● Attend implantation/refill/explantation of the surgical device, meaning you are present in the Operating Room and clinic to support and instruct the Investigator, operating and clinic staff.
● Provide remote and on-site support and training of surgical staff during the use of the device/system.
● Prepare and communicate to manager on a timely and regular basis: o Summary of field activities. o Input on travel, budget and other resource requirements.
● Manage busy travel schedule and remote support capabilities
● Identify needs as they arise, propose solutions and complete special projects. Strategy/Planning:
● Build and cultivate important working relationships:
Externally with assigned clinical sites and staff in order to support Phase I, II, III & IIIb studies o Internally, with cross-functional partners, such as Medical Science Liaisons, Product Development, Clinical Operations, Device Development, Research and Early Development teams, or other Medical Affairs groups.
● Help to advance the development of Roche Drug Delivery Devices o As appropriate, advise on the design and development of clinical trials and investigations involving other Roche drug delivery device(s)
Genentech, a member of the Roche group and founder of the biotechnology industry, is dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. To solve the world's most complex health challenges, we ask bigger questions that challenge our industry and the boundaries of science to transform society. Our transformational discoveries include the first targeted antibody for cancer and the first medicine for primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply for this job" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
These are our stories - stories of the obstacles and opportunities that define and celebrate the unique people at Genentech.