● Accountable for shaping and evolving an industry-leading Product Development (PD)organization in China on behalf of Roche Global Product Development.
● Establish the PD China strategy in alignment with our Roche Ambition and Roche China 10-year strategy to realize our purpose of serving patients.
● Lead PD China transformation together with PD global transformation and leadership team to grow our organization’s drug development capabilities.
● Lead or provide oversight to the critical interfaces, such as Research Innovation Center Shanghai (RICS), Shanghai Roche Pharma (SRPL), and China Diagnostics, supporting OneRoche to deliver medicines and healthcare solutions to patients.
● Establish and deliver the vision and strategy for PD in China for shaping development and growing our portfolio.
● Collaborate and partner effectively with Research and Early Development, Roche Chinaleadership, and Global Product Development.
● Partner effectively with China research and early development.
● Represent PD China at appropriate forums within Roche and serve on the PD Community of Leaders (CoL) with the PD Leadership Team.
● Serve as an impactful thought leader for drug development in China.
● Serve as ad-hoc member of Late Stage Portfolio Committee (LSPC) for China related topics.
● Lead the China portfolio strategy to maximize the value of the Roche portfolio in China.
● Provide executive input and oversight to ensure China development is optimally integrated in the global development.
● Serve as compliance owner of PD China.
● Create effective external networks and act as an influential industry leader to build forums for helping to evolve the drug development and registration environment in China
● Lead & develop the PD functional leaders in China (those who are solid or dotted line reports).
● Maintain and develop a positive organizational culture, by promoting the values of the focus on patients, science, and our people.
● Create a highly stimulating and energizing working environment to ensure our 320+ PD China staff are engaged and motivated, and accomplishments are celebrated.
● Facilitate the PD China Site Leadership Team to ensure that best practices are developed and disseminated.
● Ensure that site focus and activities are aligned with overall PD vision and objectives while also addressing local needs.
● Oversee the PD China management budget.
● Ensure reasonable consistency and alignment with other main PD sites (Basel, South San Francisco, Welwyn, and Mississauga).
● Build a strong PD community fostering cross-functional partnerships and interdependencies.
● Purpose Driven: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose and being able to inspire and motivate the PD China organization with growth mindset.
● Leadership: Great ability and passion to lead transformation and building strong connection and collaboration locally & globally. Ability to drive and influence without authority. Effectively lead in a highly matrix environment, across organization functions.
● System thinking: Hold the big picture of enterprise and evolve organizational systems so that we can produce envisioned results; be able to find breakthrough strategies and solutions
● Technical Expertise: MD, Clinician with Drug Development experience.
● Cross Cultural: Relates well to a wide spectrum of people across functions/countries. Knows how to work the different culture and is not afraid of committing to a course of action to get started.
● M.D. or M.D./Ph.D.
● Rich clinical drug development experience in a large biotech, pharmaceutical or clinical organization.
● China experience and Mandarin speaking.
● Proven ability to effectively lead in a global, cross-functional matrix organization.
● Ability to work effectively in diverse cultures, showing aptitude in modifying style.
● Successfully leverage external partnerships to achieve key objectives.
● Proven ability to lead innovation and significant change.
● Excellent strategic agility, willingness to experiment and take smart risks.
● Outstanding partnership skills and a superior grasp of the overall business; previous track record includes identifying opportunities that have improved results in areas beyond direct management or influence.
● Strong competitive awareness.
● Outstanding organizational agility and interpersonal savvy: knows how to get things done.
● Required to travel internationally.
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
These are our stories - stories of the obstacles and opportunities that define and celebrate the unique people at Genentech.