South San Francisco, California
Contract Operations Manager
Contract Operations provides key insights along with our Account Manager, PCD (pricing, contracting and distribution), and CCM (Channel & Contract Management) partners during the contracting strategy development process as well as the contract development process. Once a contract is executed, we translate the contract terms into our processing systems so that we can honor our financial commitments to customers efficiently and compliantly.
Our North Star is Customers * Connections * Confidence, and we recently reorganized from an organization focused on the different elements of our internal process into a collection of small, customer-focused teams, that will have more opportunity to deepen our relationships with our customers' operational teams and deepen our understanding of their needs in order to more efficiently and effectively reach mutual delight.
Contract Operations Managers are members of a small, empowered team responsible for the end-to-end contract operations responsibilities for a collection of customers including providers, pharmacies, wholesalers, payers, pharmacy benefit managers, and/or Government accounts. End-to-end contract operations responsibilities include contract set-up, membership management, customer payment administration, and chargeback processing.
Contract Operations Managers are also members of “Chapters” responsible for ensuring appropriate quality, consistency, efficiency, and compliance with how we do our business. Chapters focus on areas such as business procedures, product launches, segment/account strategies, technology, customer engagement, and agility.
Contract Operations Managers act as subject matter experts (SME) to effectively collaborate with business partners and stakeholders, and external customers in various meetings, initiatives and projects. Expertise in the processes, systems, and tools that support various contracting-related activities is critical to success in this position.
· Provides key insights and recommendations during the development of contracting, pricing and distribution strategies
· Translates contract terms into operational solutions that fulfill the access and financial obligations of the agreement
· Represents the department on strategy and account core teams by assessing the operational feasibility of proposed strategies and developing operational solutions to address strategic objectives
· Represents the department on product launch teams, communicates key timelines and milestones to department, coordinates internal activities in preparation for launch, and executes the launch implementation plan
· Works with systems to setup and maintain detailed contract information
· Researches and validates detailed information about customers in support of program or pricing eligibility
· Leverages systems and tools to calculate, validate and process customer payments
· Works with external and internal customers, and clearly communicates contract and program details to a wide range of stakeholders
· Develops and delivers training to staff on contracting and distribution strategies, contractual obligations, business procedures, system functionality, rebate/discount programs and eligibility, etc.
· Works with manager and others to establish appropriate performance metrics for monitoring, evaluating and reporting on contracts, contract performance and other business, legal and regulatory requirements
· Complies with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Genentech activities
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
· A minimum of 4-6 years’ work experience in contract operations or financial analysis (administering managed care and/or government contracts in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or related industry)
· 2 or more years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology, managed care, or related industry
· Proven ability to work in a complex, customer-focused environment with tight and frequent deadlines
· Proven ability to build collaboration and drive problem-solving within and across teams
· Proven ability to influence stakeholders through effective communication, written and verbal
· Knowledge of managed care, healthcare industry, or government programs (340B, FSS, Medicare, Medicaid) is preferred
· Excellent strategic thinker with analytical and solutions-driven mindset
· Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
· Solid expertise with Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and Google suite applications
· Knowledge of systems and reporting tools that support operations
Genentech, a member of the Roche group and founder of the biotechnology industry, is dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. To solve the world's most complex health challenges, we ask bigger questions that challenge our industry and the boundaries of science to transform society. Our transformational discoveries include the first targeted antibody for cancer and the first medicine for primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply for this job" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
These are our stories - stories of the obstacles and opportunities that define and celebrate the unique people at Genentech.