Location: Louisville, Kentucky
The Logistics Specialist position is required in order to facilitate the receipt, storage, and issuance of marketed product in a cGMP environment. Additional duties for the role would be performing data entry into various databases and ensuring department compliance with policies and procedures.
Logistics Specialists perform the following activities in predominately a warehouse environment:
• Accurately pick and pack marketed product against shipping orders
• Using manual labor, pallet jacks, and forklifts, move product and non-GMP supplies from storage areas and delivery trucks.
• Perform physical counts of product.
• Perform functionality/safety checks of equipment (i.e. forklifts)
• Access various databases and input data with a high level of accuracy.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
• Record creation, collection, and storage per corporate retention schedules
• Perform department related project activity that may include investigating, analyzing, formulating possible solutions, documenting processes, and communicating results.
• High school diploma or equivalent, and 5-6 years industry experience.
• BA or BS with concentration in Life or Physical sciences preferred. May substitute with extensive inventory management or Bio/ Pharma industry experience.
• Ability to follow detailed verbal and written instruction.
• Good basic mathematical skills.
• Proficiency with PC desktop applications and business operations software system.
• Ability to work in a highly cooperative team environment.
• Flexibility in duty assignment and ability to work over-time, holidays and weekends as required and different shifts.
• Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Work Environment/Physical Demands/Safety Considerations
• Ability to repeatedly lift more than 40 lbs.
• Ability to stay on your feet for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work overtime when required.
• Consistently recognizes and uses available safety equipment.
• Ability to consistently follow required safety policies and procedures.
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
Genentech makes life-saving medicine. People make Genentech what it is. This video offers insights into who these people are and what it means to them to be working at Genentech.