The Sr. Manager Training Development reports to the Director of SSFP Business Operations and plays a key role in ensuring development, deployment, and management of all learning solutions, including GMP technical/process & safety training across SSFP in compliance with current GMP and Genentech Quality policies and standards.
He/she manages the Learn Team, improves overall business performance and process efficiency, fosters a strong quality culture and deepens the relevance of the information shared through development and analysis of key metrics.
• Develops and oversees the site-wide training strategy and activities.
• Responsible for compliance of work within Learning Team with the governing Quality documents. Manages training as a Quality system and represents this system to regulatory agencies, ensuring a compliant environment and documentation system.
• Attract, coach, retain and develop talent. Create an environment of strong team spirit and high engagement. Build strong individual performers and high performing team.
• Lead/oversee continuous improvement to achieve targets.
• Responsible for training metrics and administration of onboarding training at the site.
• Manage training professionals to develop, deliver and deploy training across SSFP.
• Oversee departmental strategy and goals in alignment with site strategies.
• Develop and manage annual training budget & future projections. Oversee selection and management of training consultants, contractors, and vendors.
• Identify and promote best practices around training development and deployment.
• Timely communication and local implementation of new network training initiatives.
• Lead and participate in cross-functional initiatives as required.
• Actively contribute to the SSFP Business Operations LT.
• Bachelor Degree required (science or technical discipline preferred); an advanced degree and/or certificate in Learn related area is preferred
• Minimum 8 years of experience with at least 5 years designing and implementing programs and initiatives from needs assessment through delivery
• Minimum of 3 years management experience
• Bio-tech / pharmaceutical industry / GMP experience strongly preferred
• Takes responsibility, drives results, and achieves expected outcomes.
• Outstanding ability to develop effective cross-functional relationships, influence, solve problems and resolve conflicts in a proactive and constructive manner.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with all levels of the organization.
• An independent self-starter with the ability to resolve learn challenges and implement improvements.
• Superior ability to develop, analyze, and leverage key metrics to improve overall business performance.
• Project management experience. Ability to drive definition and execution of cross-functional projects.
• Be an active and visible change agent, fostering a flexible and open mindset to new opportunities and continuous improvement.
• Promote best practice sharing and adoption aimed at continuously improving network standard processes.
• Motivate, empower, create an open and inclusive atmosphere and provide actionable and constructive feedback.
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
Genentech makes life-saving medicine. People make Genentech what it is. This video offers insights into who these people are and what it means to them to be working at Genentech.