This role reports to the Associate Director of TDT and Governance Operations (GTO) Group within PTDMM. The TGO group focuses on driving performance (i.e., productivity, efficiency, capacity, etc.) effectiveness of TDT systems and processes, leading continuous improvement initiatives, and providing PM expertise and cross-portfolio insights to support governance decision making and governance operations.
Strategic Portfolio Management
• Identify, drive, and lead portfolio-based strategic initiatives to enhance the performance (i.e., productivity, efficiency, capacity, etc.) effectiveness of TDT business & planning processes.
• Partner with the TDTLs, PMs, and Portfolio Reporting & Analytics to conduct cross-project analyses to identify portfolio trends; portfolio benchmarks; identify common issues, areas for enhancement and best practices; provide insight and recommendations for enhancing CMC performance.
• Support TDTs and strategic initiative teams by providing portfolio level context, strategic frameworks, facilitations, tools, guidelines, methodology, and processes across projects to enable teams, management, and governance committees to make informed decisions for projects
• Lead the effort to clearly define and simplify each business steps and articulate the value, partner with cross-functional teams, e.g. PTDO and finance, and align the recommendation and implementation to support the TDT effectiveness
TDT and Governance Operations
• Provide senior management and committees (e.g., PTDLT, LSTDC, ESTDC) with portfolio insights, effective and efficient governance operation processes, and recommendations to enable informed project and portfolio decisions
• Partner with TDTs, TDLs, PMs, and senior managements to identify opportunities, explore alternative solutions, drive changes to increase productivity and implement/spread best practices. Provide expertise and be the champion for adopting the superior alternative options in the TDT plans
• Be strategic partner and consultant to TDTs, ESTDC/LSTDC Chairs and Functional Heads to support, or lead strategic innovation experiments that are relevant and impactful for their areas.
• Contribute a leadership culture of innovation/smart risk taking by promoting out-of-the-box thinking, bringing new concept to the TDTs, management, and governance committees (PTDLT, LSTDC, ESTDC, etc.). Design pilot, support implementation, track result and share learning across teams
• Define, communicate, maintain, and enhance TDT team operation processes and governance meeting processes
• Identify, contribute and lead PTDMM or cross functional initiatives. Work closely with groups within PTDMM to provide holistic solutions for key stakeholders.
Job Skills and Expectations
• A strong understanding of pharmaceutical/biotech industry, drug and technical development process and trends
• Solid understanding of CMC key components and scientific principles
• Strong strategic thinking, as well as quantitative and analytical skills. Ability to synthesize and draw conclusions out of large, complex information and articulate the key findings to management, functional leaders and the TD teams
• Ability to build cross-functional partnerships and engage in and lead cross-functional initiatives with technical development teams and other key stake holders
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to influence without authority at senior management and team levels, be effective at team work
• Self-starter and takes initiatives to identify critical business needs, takes risk, creates solutions, with an innovative mind-set. High level of comfort in dealing with uncertainties and ambiguities
• Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, business or a related field. Advanced degree in related field is strongly preferred
• At least 10 years’ experience in biotech, pharmaceuticals, medical device, diagnostic, management consulting or other related industry
• Prior CMC team experience, technical knowledge of small and/or large molecule process development and a sound knowledge of the drug development process are plus
• Demonstrated track record in leading cross functional strategic initiatives, driving innovation, and leading changes are essential
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with success in influencing others in cross-functional areas
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry
for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and
life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious
illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees
are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.