South San Francisco
California, United States of America
Department: Pharma Global Technical Operations Engineering - Americas
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Purpose: This position has overall responsibility for driving large, complex projects or programs to successful completion with minimal oversight from management. Responsible for effective project management of project phases: initiation, planning, execution, control, and closure, across all businesses, assuring that the investment is able to achieve functional, strategic, and financial goals. Provides leadership to achieve the highest level of value and support to our internal customers by effectively operating, maintaining, and delivering a variety of services that are aligned with our standards of excellence in safety, compliance, productivity and customer satisfaction. Promotes the achievement of strategic goals, customer value as well as providing competitive value for Genentech. Provides rationale and justification for application of technology and systems needed to support functional requirements. Sponsors the implementation of projects and initiatives that provide capabilities to fulfill functional responsibilities.
* Responsible for leading capital and expense projects across the PTAA network. Accountable for achieving the project’s identified cost, schedule, and scope.
* Ensures project planning and execution, adheres to Engineering Manual requirements, project management processes and principles. Ensures that project management tools are consistently utilized to achieve project goals and objectives and to deliver successful projects. Complies with Roche Quality policies and U.S Pharma Code of Conduct.
* Makes project-related scope, cost, and schedule decisions in consultation as appropriate with project stakeholders and PTAA staff. Has ability to serve as Project Director over a significant portfolio of projects.
* Effectively communicates with and influences all levels of the organization. Exercises excellent judgment in determining appropriate project communications to internal and external stakeholders. Provides regular project status updates and presentations to senior management and the broader organization.
* Provides strong project team leadership and champions project team collaboration. Influences and negotiates with project team and project stakeholders to gain alignment and win concessions without damaging relationships.
* Proactively partners with other groups/functions within Global Engineering and with strategic partners (Finance, Procurement, Informatics, EH&S, Planning, Legal, etc.) to set and meet project objectives, adhere to business processes impacting project planning/ execution, and to implement business process changes.
* Proactively partners with assigned clients and stakeholders to execute capital projects that support business objectives.
* Defines and develops new processes, procedures, and techniques, and incorporates them into organizational practice. Effectively and constructively challenges the status quo, within and beyond Roche and Global Engineering, identifying better ways to accomplish department and project objectives.
* Acts as an advocate for new processes, procedures, technologies, and techniques within and beyond Roche. Requirements:
* Exceptional leadership, interpersonal communications, negotiation, collaboration, and management skills. Proven expertise in effectively applying and/or developing advanced project management tools and methodologies. Understanding of basic principles of several engineering disciplines. Understand project risks and integration implications.
* Excellent internal and external collaboration and influencing skills and the ability to lead diverse, cross-functional teams in the successful completion of projects. Work is self-directed. * Special knowledge requirements include biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical processes and associated manufacturing automation, including a solid understanding of Pharmaceutical cGMP requirements.
* Knowledge requirements include an advanced understanding of biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes, capital project execution, Federal regulations (GXPs), manufacturing automation development and deployment methodology, project finances, risk management, EH& S regulations, Quality Assurance, and IT systems.
* Travels 40-80% of the time for business requirements and temporary project assignments.
Who you are:
* B.S. required, preferably in Manufacturing Technical Services, or Engineering (Automation, Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Process, or Industrial)
* Proven project management professional, with 15+ years successfully managing projects, with at least eight years managing large, complex process automation projects, preferably in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, in a cGMP regulated environment.
* Graduate degree or certification in Project Management (i.e. PMI certification) or additional relevant management training desirable.
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.
These are our stories - stories of the obstacles and opportunities that define and celebrate the unique people at Genentech