Delivery Service Manager, Safety Risk Management Informatics
South San Francisco, California
You will be responsible for building and maintaining technology solutions that enhance and support the business of the Safety Risk Management (PDS) department. In addition you will provide consultative advice in the area of information technology and ensure that the technology solutions are compliant with the external Regulatory agencies guidelines.
Defines and applies complex procedures and defined standards to meet current business, customer and technical requirements, leads others in resolution of complex problems
Leads specialist resources on technical issues and provides detailed analysis of the operations and opportunities for improvement
Develops business/technical critical know-how within area of expertise for the function and is familiar with opinion leaders in the field. Assists in the development of others know-how by passing on knowledge of tools and techniques
Supports day-to-day operations and / or implementation of projects within area of technical expertise,
Manages incident and problem management processes, release and configuration management according to ITIL. This includes continuous improvement for the management of the services
Oversees change control procedure and processes. This includes the management of the change control board and oversight of the approved changes.
Ensures that SLAs, OLAs, and Underpinning Contracts are in place.
Delivers overall roll-out schedule of new services
Manages existing vendor relationship and contracts
Implements and supports economically viable solutions within function scope.
Monitors performance of assigned applications and services according to standards and reports to relevant functions
Assists in the resolution of faults and problems and escalates to the next level or appropriate function if they cannot be resolved
Implements and maintains solutions, documentation ?and procedures in a fully qualified and current state?as applicable.
Ensures communication to target audience with ?regards to changed/new polices
Maintains own knowledge in specific area and learns from Experts / Senior Specialists and self study
Develops own skills and is knowledgeable about current technologies, and general competitive marketplace in area of expertise
Maintains awareness of emerging technologies and products within technical field of specialization
Participates with and leverages key contacts in external organizations such as other large, global companies, industry expert organizations, industry organizations and user groups on applicable technology subject matters to build own expertise.
Accountable for incident and problem management processes
Is responsible for training if required to ensure understanding and compliance with the Incident and Problem Management processes
Ensures that the services being provided are in compliance with the Incident and Problem Management processes.
Acts as the initial point of escalation for incident, problem and change management for the Business Representative
Responsible for change control and Release Management procedures and processes
Ensures changes are implemented according to the agreed Change Control Procedure with validation, as required.
Is accountable for roll-out of new services or enhancement to existing services.
Ensuring overall roll-out schedule of new components in the solution
Ensures the roll-out plan consists of new services as a result of approved projects and enhancements as well as bug fixes to existing solutions associated with services.
Ensured that SLAs, OLAs, and Underpinning Contracts are in place.
Defines and agrees within SLAs, Operational Level (OLAs) Agreements and contracts on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Manage existing vendor relationships and contracts
Monitor vendor performance against defined KPIs.
Ensures regular reviews of Contracts, SLAs and any?other related agreements to ensure satisfactory?performance and contractual integrity.
Service Reporting to Business Partners and Safety Risk Management leadership
This position is not eligible for relocation
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in computer sciences, software engineering or similar
5 - 9 years of professional IT or other experience preferably within multiple technology or business domains
Prior experience in operations in a specific technology or in another field if a non-application or technical domain.
Experience in a service management role supporting outsourced services is a plus.
Experience with ITIL, Service Management is required and the pharmaceutical industry is desired
ITIL Foundation Certificate and ITIL Managers Certificate is desired
Ability to travel as required up to 25% of the time
Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours or on call arrangements to provide support 24/7.
Pharma experience a plus
Sr. Business Systems Analyst, SAP SD
South San Francisco, California
The Senior IT Business Systems Analyst will be part of the ERP team to provide SAP based Order to Cash, Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) solutions. These solutions are delivered to the Genentech North America Commercial Sales Organization and Managed Care & Customer Operations teams. The solutions involve sales and distribution related configuration & developments.
The Senior IT Business Systems Analyst will understand strategic drivers and tactical needs to ensure that the team can provide solutions that meet the business need with the necessary stability, usability, and scalability.
This position reports to the Team Head for SAP Demand To Supply & Order To Cash North America and is based in South San Francisco, CA.
In order to support the user community, this role requires some flexibility in work hours and the ability to travel nationally & internationally, up to 15% as needed.
- Review, clarify, document, and prioritize customer requirements
- Design, build, test and deploy new functionality to meet business requirements
- Create and maintain documentation such as user requirements, functional specifications and test plans
- Facilitating and supporting system and user acceptance testing
- Liaise with other SAP team members and IT teams to architect complete end to end solutions that optimize operational performance of systems
- Perform knowledge transfer to training and communication teams and ?support user deployment activities as needed
- Engage with Managed Services team to ensure appropriate resolution of incidents raised by business teams
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support as required and coordinate implementation of small to medium level enhancements
- Engage in activities to support upgrades to systems including impact assessment, testing and support during cutover and deployment
- Participate in local and global projects
- Help drive process improvement initiatives to optimize user experience and business understanding of solution
- Keeping management apprised of developments through clear and timely communication
- Participating in roadmap discussions and vendor assessments
This position is not eligible for relocation
- Minimum 5+ years SAP ECC configuration experience in SD. With some cross-functional skills in WM, MM, PM, APO and FI
- BA/BS degree in Information Systems, Engineering, or relevant business discipline
- Experience and understanding of SAP ABAP is desired
- Background/experience as a Sr. consultant, functional expert or similar role is highly desirable
- Experience with at least two full life cycle implementations
- Previous experience in gathering business requirements and clearly translating into specifications for IT solution design (concept to production)
- Must be able to work independently, interact with core team members, and be dedicated to drive system improvements without day-to-day supervision
- Experience working in medium to large groups facilitating group discussions is required
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Skilled in problem/incident management, SLAs – Service Level Agreements and full lifecycle system support
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills. Strong presentation and negotiation/conflict resolution skills
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or other validated environment highly desired
Master Utility Plant Operator/ Utility Plant Specialist
South San Francisco, California
Genentech’s South San Francisco Production (SSFP) group manufactures medicines that improve the lives of patients around the world. SSFP is the first cGMP production site established by Genentech and includes facilities, equipment, and staffing to perform end-to-end manufacturing that is scheduled and supported 24 x 7.
SSFP currently has opportunities available for experienced Utility Operators to join the day shift. These positions operate utility systems and subsystems in an FDA regulated environment to ensure:
- All preventative maintenance is performed in a timely manner and at appropriate intervals
- Equipment remains in its designed cGMP and/or validated state at all times
- All equipment operation is in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations, procedures and policies
- Manage the day to day operation of plant utility systems; monitor the overall operation and status of the utility systems and submit work notifications for system repairs as needed
- Ensure/maintain all utility equipment areas in a constant state of inspection readiness
- Continuously evaluate the operation of all utility systems and utility subsystems; identify specific process improvement needs and provide recommendations for system upgrades
- Identify training deficiencies, provide recommendations for training and provide training as needed
- Continuously evaluate all operational Standard Operating Procedures and Preventive Maintenance procedures for accuracy and applicability
- Provide operational support to Facility Services, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Research and Development
- Perform Confined Space Entry on an as needed basis
- Complete preventive maintenance and assigned paperwork in a timely manner following all cGMP documentation guidelines
- Gather and document appropriate information associated with a System Discrepancy (an event in manufacturing process and/or support system that is outside approved operating parameters or approved procedures)
- Work with various chemicals, steam, pressurized gases/liquids of various temperatures
- Work in close proximity to moving equipment
- Act as point of contact for customer guidance and support
- Ensure all Utility rounds are completed and missed rounds are documented
- Monitor Utility work request queue and advancing notifications into work orders
- Assist in troubleshooting efforts for all Utility equipment that is directly impacting manufacturing processes
- Attend all required cGMP and Safety training
We are seeking applicants who possess the following qualifications. The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Technical degree, certificate, or coursework a plus
- 3+ years of experience in an industrial / manufacturing maintenance role with demonstrated strong mechanical aptitude; 7+ years required for the Specialist level
- Completion of technical school, accredited 2 year program or applicable work history (OJT) in the field
- Practical knowledge of equipment maintenance, operation, control and cleaning for: process equipment; HVAC/R; clean utility systems; process air systems; waste neutralization systems; bulk chemical and gas systems; RW/Glycol Systems
- General knowledge of shop tool operation and safety
- Ability to respond to and evaluate a variety of situations involving mechanical, electrical and systems controls
- Practical knowledge of equipment maintenance, operation, control and cleaning for process equipment; HVAC/R; clean utility systems; process air systems; waste neutralization systems; bulk chemical and gas systems; RW/Glycol Systems is required for the senior level
- Working knowledge of electrical switchgear and distribution systems in the medium to low voltage range is also required for the senior level
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance and equipment servicing according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to prepare technical reports and the ability to read and understand Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Detail oriented with the ability to demonstrate good record keeping practices
- Ability to understand and adhere to federal, state, local and company regulations, procedures, and policies
- Computer skills with the ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, database, and email applications
- Ability to work safely in an environment containing hazardous chemicals, high and low temperature liquids, high pressure liquids and gasses, steam, and moving machinery
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work with minimum or no supervision.
- Ability to work a regular shift that includes one weekend day, and flexibility to work overtime or a temporarily modified shift schedule to support manufacturing operations as needed
Sr. Systems Administrator, Facilities Data Technologies (FDT) - Site Services
South San Francisco, California
Title: Sr. Systems Administrator, Facilities Data Technologies (FDT)
Primary Work Location: South San Francisco
The Systems Administrator provides technical support for Facilities Data Technologies (FDT) staff, is skilled at providing end user support in a complex, continuously operating environment. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for development and support of IT infrastructure, vendor hardware, and vendor software associated with mission-critical GxP and non-GxP automation systems, including the Building Automation Systems (BAS) for South San Francisco and Dixon, Facilities Data Historian (centralized data/alarm system) (FDH), and Vendor Specific systems that integrate with the BAS and FDH. The Systems Administrator will be the single point of contact and subject matter expert for the above automation systems and system components across multiple South San Francisco campuses. This role includes closely working on new building construction, existing building retrofits, and identification and upgrading of aging systems and associated components. Partnering with Site Engineering, support building projects by providing technical expertise and communicating customers. Support alarm reconciliation efforts to remain in compliance with SOPs and governance documents. Provide technical support and problem-solving capabilities including equipment troubleshooting. Support Roche energy and sustainability initiatives. Interact with key customers keeping them apprised of facility functions. Emphasize exemplary customer service and communication skills to staff and contractors.
- A minimum of five years of Building Automation architecture and administrative experience, preferably with Siemens Insight and APOGEE platform
- Ability to process system(s) alarms per GMP and GEP processes
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills both internal and external
- Ability to acquire, through training and on the job experience, specialized knowledge in rapidly changing technology and applications
Experience and Skills:
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate all or most of the following skills and traits:
- Current experience in Industrial Controls and Infrastructure environments
- Strong understanding of Good Engineering Practices (GEP)
- Strong Knowledge and experience in hardware/server maintenance
- Good working knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Current experience in Good Engineering Practices (GEP)
- Recent experience in a pharmaceutical cGMP or other regulated environment
- Practical understanding and recent experience with formal Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Exceptional skills are required in the following:
- Organizational/attention to detail
- Reliability and dependability
- Analytical/prioritization and troubleshooting skills
- Customer service mindset
- Capable of working independently, effective at managing multiple tasks and projects, flexible and able to adapt quickly to new and changing situations
- Be able to identify problems, define problem statement clearly and accurately and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify data-driven root causes
- Ability to work well with internal suppliers/customers like Facilities, Information Technology, and Safety Health and Environment (SHE).
- Ability to collaborate with senior internal and external customers and team members
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing), influence and lead both with and without authority, as well as strong analytical skills, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to develop innovations that solve difficult technical problems
- Biotechnology/pharmaceutical computing environments a plus
- Automation software: Siemens BAS, Yokogawa, or OSI PI is a plus
- Knowledge of MODBUS, BACnet, and OPC communication protocols
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Google suite (Docs, Spreadsheets) is desired
- Knowledge of sustainability measures and interaction(s) with Building Automation
- Computer systems validation
- Bachelor's degree in CS, MIS, or other related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience with Windows servers, networking, storage, and database technologies
- Minimum 5 years supporting a mission-critical Enterprise environment
Sr. Data Management - Tiering Engineer
South San Francisco, California
As a core member of the Roche Scientific Infrastructure (RSI) team, the Data Management Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining all aspects of the data management environment, including meta data management, indexing, tiering and archiving software solutions. Working closely with other members of the RSI team and Infrastructure Services the successful candidate will apply their experience and knowledge, partnering with the storage operations group to develop and deliver an effective, scalable, solution for scientific use at Roche.
The successful candidate is expected to be familiar with multiple platforms including NAS, block/attached, tape/optical with deeper expertise in object storage technologies. You would be responsible for contributing to the evolving development and use of object storage and associated software management solutions providing technical consultancy to ensure effective long term utilization of tiered managed storage.
- Contribute to the strategy and engineering of the data life cycle management and tiering RSI service and overseeing the operation of the service.
- Consult and partner with scientists to modify and optimize their workflows to efficiently manage data, tiering it for performance and long term discovery and use.
- Responsible for engineering and maintaining the API interfaces for the data life cycle management and tiering RSI service including the store, retrieve, index, search and archive capabilities (e.g. iRODS, samverna, mediaflux, etc.).
- Dedicated transfer protocols (e.g. aspera, zettar, etc) to ensure Data Lifecycle Management services API’s are performant at scale and over long distances.
- Work closely with other members of the RSI team to ensure that all data managed by the data life cycle management and tiering RSI service can effectively and efficiently be accessed by all the other RSI services (cloud, container, HPC) and integrate with other core services (network, Identity & Access Management, automation).
This position is not eligible for relocation.
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in a relevant field of technology, science or business.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience with engineering storage systems and their integration and use in scientific environments.
- Experience in one or more object storage technologies and familiarity with at least one meta data management technology.
- Experience in tuning and optimizing high volume RESTful store/retrieve operations on high bandwidth/high latency networks.
- Experience in one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby) used to automate data manipulation operations as well as definition languages (e.g. YAML/JSON) for maintaining configurations and data catalogues.
- Familiarity with one or more high performance data transport protocol (gridFTP, aspera, zettar).
- Demonstrated passion for excellence and ability to partner and deliver exemplifying the Roche Leadership Commitments
Sr. Administrate Associate, Intellectual Property
South San Francisco, California
Main Purpose: The Sr. Administrative Assistant position provides administrative support to the Patent Attorneys and Agents
Typical Daily Responsibilities:
- Type and proof complex documents in Word including advanced formatting and editing
- File management (paper and electronic)
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations including advanced formatting and editing with minimal attorney guidance
- Manage multiple heavy calendar schedules, proactively anticipate and/or resolve meeting conflicts
- Ensure attorneys are prepared for pending meetings (materials)
- Coordinate and arrange travel
- Process expense reports
- Project management including meeting logistics/catering, and the coordination of small to large scale cross functional projects involving a high level of complexity
- Research and identify resources
- Manage relevant distribution lists and org charts
- Be the point of contact for supported attorneys
- Ability to learn internal computer and database systems for contracts, regulatory filings, etc
- Handle and exercise judgment and discretion concerning sensitive, confidential and proprietary information
- At least 5-6 years of recent experience as a senior administrative assistant
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in a law firm or corporate legal department
- Experience in Patent/ Trademark application preparation and prosecution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Experience working with internal computer and database systems for contracts, regulatory filings, etc. such as GRACE, DM5 and/or equivalent systems
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and likes to have fun!
- Ability to work effectively, independently and accurately, sometimes under pressure
- Excellent time management, multiple calendar management, excellent organizational skills, proactive attention to detail, follow through and the ability to prioritize
- Work and interact in a highly professional manner with a wide range of people, including all levels of senior management staff, clients, and various departments within and outside the company
- Be collaborative and willing to contribute and assist others in the department as needs arise
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
Business Manager - PDG Oncology Clinical Operations (PDGO)
South San Francisco, California
Relocation is not designated for this position.
The Business Manager will be responsible for delivering high quality business support to the PDG TA Global Head Oncology, and the PDG Oncology Operations Leadership team (OOLT) to help ensure the needs of the department are met.
The areas of major responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Business Manager to the TA Head Global Oncology
- Works with the Oncology TA Global Head and others as appropriate to develop and prepare presentations for internal or external meetings, governance and leadership bodies as needed.
- On behalf of the Oncology TA Global Head, acts as the representative and communications liaison, as needed.
- Partners with PD/PDG communications to develop key communications from the Oncology TA Global Head and OOLT to the PDG Oncology organization (PDGO) and/or external stakeholders as appropriate
- Works in partnership with the TA Global Head to support an environment, mindset and behaviors amongst the OOLT that enables high functioning team performance
- Routinely manages confidential information appropriately
- Works in partnership with the PDG Business Manager and other functional Business Managers to ensure functional priorities and deliverables are adequately supported
- May participate as the Oncology TA Global Head’s representative on specific initiatives or taskforces
2. TA Business Management
- Organizes, manages and facilitates the PDG Oncology TA Leadership Team (OOLT) meetings, including agenda setting and outcomes and action item management
- Partners with Finance, HR, Resource Management and other stakeholders to oversee, coordinate and ensure corporate planning processes and timelines are aligned and meet the needs of the PDG organization
- Manages, coordinates and oversees key organizational activities and meetings as needed
- Manages and coordinates site and cross-site PDG Oncology leadership activities and meetings.
- Partners with the OOLT to manage and track TA or PDG specific goals or initiatives and ensures objectives are being met
3. Key Organizational and Operational Activities
- Partner with the Global Head, the OOLT and/or business operations leads throughout the organization as appropriate to ensure cross-functional business processes are coordinated
- Drives communication and people engagement strategies to ensure a collaborative spirit and sense of community for PDGO employees globally
- Leads cross functional projects and strategic initiatives as required
- Line manages staff as required
Requirements / Qualifications
- Business excellence: Good at developing the processes necessary to get things done, knows how to organize people and activities, and knows what to measure and how to measure it. Strong strategic agility and business acumen, including solid foundational understanding with the principles of finance, strategic planning, process and organizational management.
- Collaboration: Able to effectively collaborate in and across multiple organizations, and with stakeholders of various background and skill set. Skilled in establishing a collaborative and respectful environment and establishing and maintaining highly effective relationships with individuals across the organization.
- Initiative: Able to define priorities and focus on areas that add value. Demonstrated ability to develop and present sound proposals and recommendations.
- Problem solver: Has the ability to anticipate issues and recommend effective and efficient solutions – brings solutions not just information.
- Leadership: Understands the impact of own actions and programs across the business. Able to make decisions by taking multiple perspectives into account. Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment. Demonstrates the Roche Leadership Commitments.
- Influencing: Ability to influence senior leaders and other stakeholders on strategy, initiatives implementation and decision-making. Influences and motivates others to achieve objectives and manages conflict in challenging situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or equivalent work experience with significant experience in clinical and drug development
- 8+ years of work multi-disciplinary experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or other related industry
- Outstanding strategic operational management skills - to include internal consulting, project management and highly effective teamwork and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, lead and execute on a variety of assignments and action plans – demonstrated ability to drive results and manage complex projects
- Proven experience in stakeholder management and ability to effectively collaborate across a global matrixed environment
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis abilities
- Demonstrated experience leading large-scale global projects in the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industry
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to manage conflict and influence without authority
- Experience working with multi-cultural teams
- Ability to travel internationally
Global Alliance & Asset Management Director
South San Francisco, California
- Through strong leadership skills and influence, identifying and resolving key issues, and driving joint management governance bodies to ensure successful alliance management
- Ensures existing and emerging conflicts are identified and responsible for negotiating and initiating conflict resolution for the benefit of the alliance
- Leads and negotiates deals which arise from existing alliances and coordinates within Partnering
- Identifies and implements necessary contractual amendments and modifications, and follow-up agreements in close collaboration with Finance, Legal and all business partners
- Engages regularly as a member in senior joint governance committees with internal and external senior leadership
- Represents Roche as the point person with partner companies, typically with partner CEO and other senior leadership, to ensure quality communication between the companies
- Accountable for the integration of the collaboration into the organization
- Leads divestment projects for commercial products coordination of Roche global functions supporting preparation and transfer of products to partner
- Manages value generation from partnered programs, contributing meaningful medicines for patients and significant financial returns
- Ensures Roche senior leadership are informed on activities of interest at partner company
To be successful in the role include:
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry (ideally 10-15 years)
- Good understanding of pharmaceutical development and commercialization organizations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to internal senior leadership as well as CEOs and senior executives of external biotech companies
- Good understanding of financial, contractual and commercial disciplines
- Proven track record for delivering strategic initiatives within timeline and budget constraints
- Proven functional or team leadership skills and proven management by influence
- Proven track record of project management, consensus building and conflict management in challenging or difficult situations
- Ideally, experience in preparing and executing out-licensing deals and /or divestments.
- Masters degree required, MBA and/or PhD in life sciences strongly preferred
Sr. Application Support Engineer
South San Francisco, California
The PD Biometrics Data Analytics IT team (FPDA) is looking for a highly skilled Sr. Application Support Engineer, with experience in working with diverse and multicultural global teams. The successful candidate is proactive, skilled at relationship building, has excellent problem solving abilities, is able to quickly become an expert in supporting new systems and has great communication skills. The role will interact closely with the San Francisco based user community of clinical data management practitioners, statistical programmers and data analysts supporting them and the future-oriented system environment they use for their work. We are looking for an individual with excellent interpersonal skills, structured working approach, customer focus, and strong background in technology. Excellent analytical and communication skills is highly desirable.
Further responsibilities are:
- Work independently on complex questions and take responsibility in ensuring implemented solutions meet customer needs
- Working as a technical specialist in implementing and maintaining commercial (COTS) solutions
- Helping our partners to scale system environments meeting dynamic business demands (operating systems, databases, versioning systems, integrations tools, interface solutions, reporting tools)
- Investigating and solving software or infrastructure non-standard issues (problem management / root cause analysis)
- Innovate and optimizes processes and methods within the domain to meet system or user requirements and develop new functionality.
- Develops business/technical critical know-how within area of expertise for the function and is familiar with opinion leaders in the field.
- BA or BS, post-graduate coursework or equivalent experience in computer sciences, software engineering or similar
- 5 -10 years of professional IT or other experience preferably within multiple technology or business domains. Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry is desired
- Good knowledge of Unix, Windows, MacOS, Citrix
- Development skills in Java, .NET, WebServices
- Exposure to SAS, R, R Shiny, Python is preferred
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle and/or MS SQL Server) – analyzing complex SQL queries
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate complex information, issues, and potential solutions across the enterprise
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent English: Oral and Written communication skills. Strong presentation skills
Sr Project Manager - Pharma Informatics (IT) - Development Sciences
South San Francisco, California
Sr. Project Manager – Pharma Informatics (IT) - Development Sciences
Genentech Research & Early Development (gRED) organization’s mission is to discover and rigorously assess promising molecule candidates for viable therapeutic benefits.
The Sr. IT Project Manager will be responsible for providing right-sized project management in support of delivery of programs and projects for the Development Science Group within gRED. The Sr. Project Manager will lead cross-functional project team(s) in partnership with the Business Lead(s), vendors and other cross-functional IT partners to achieve project goals while managing project scope, timeline and costs. This candidate will be proactive and detail-oriented with strong leadership skills, excellent problem solving and written/verbal communication skills. The Sr. Project Manager is expected to deliver outstanding customer service, provide technical and application support knowledge and ensure timely and effective communications to all levels of stakeholders including business sponsorship.
In addition to strong PM skills, the right candidate will support program/portfolio management responsibilities as required. As a Program Manager, this position will work with the business teams and the broader IT organization, to participate in strategic discussions and and any discussions related to the technology roadmap upon request.
Major Responsibilities include:
Project Stakeholder / Communication Management - Create collaborative partnerships, with customers, vendors and other gRED teams to achieve project objectives. Ensure project objectives/requirements are clear and agreed to by all stakeholders.
Project Delivery - Plan, baseline, and control costs to ensure projects are delivered on time, within approved budget and with the expected benefits defined at project entry.
Project Risk, Assumption, Issue and Dependency (RAID) Management - Assess potential impacts with the project team. Formulate risk mitigation strategies, recommend solutions, actively managing and integrating with any dependent projects or activities.
Project Planning, Tracking, Control & Reporting - Track progress against baseline schedule through controlled and documented change management. Provide accurate and timely project status reports. Escalate to sponsors, stakeholders, functional managers, and/or senior management, as appropriate to keep projects on track, in scope, and on budget.
Team Building & Leadership - Organize and supervise the appropriate involvement of project resources and actively managing and addressing the resolution of conflicts within the project team.
Compliance – Directly accountable for ensuring compliance with project management, portfolio management and CSV policies, guidelines, process tools and reporting standards of the portfolio.
Forecasting and Budgeting- Provide monthly forecasts for projects and programs. Participate in annual budgeting activities as required.
Who You Are:
8+ years of experience as a successful Information Technology Project Manager using structured project management processes
Bachelor's degree in CS, MIS, Life Sciences, Business; or equivalent experience
Deep understanding of SDLCs including Agile methodologies
Proven ability to obtain results in a matrix environment
Track record of delivering projects on time and on budget
Well versed in vendor management and can look for new opportunities to optimize our vendor contracts and relationships
Ability to see the interrelationship of a project across "the big picture" and understand its dependency on other projects in the program as required
Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
Exceptional listening, problem solving, negotiation, and facilitation skills
Demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk
Understand Drug Development Early Stage/or Research (high-level) business processes
Basic understanding of SEND (Standard for Exchange Nonclinical Data)
Hands-on experience in managing data warehouse and/or data repository project that involves scientific/research data; project completed in R&D (Research and Development) setting
Roche PMM methodology and/or PMP Certification
Analytical Operations Group Leader (Manager or Sr. Manager)
||Manager with direct reports
South San Francisco, California
The Analytical Operations department prides itself on expertise and leadership in the area of process related impurities as well as high throughput analytical testing and data management to support process development and validation activities. We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate people manager and strong leader to join our team.
This position will involve leading a diverse group of approximately 15 scientists, research associates, and project coordinators towards two main goals: 1) cutting-edge research, strategy, and assay development for process-related impurities (such as host cell proteins (HCPs), host cell DNA, endotoxin, and leached protein A/L) and 2) coordination of high-throughput analytical testing in support of process validation studies for new products as well as technology transfers and investigations for existing products.
Direct expertise in both of these areas is preferred, but not essential for the role. The successful candidate will have (at a minimum) hands-on experience in relevant analytical techniques and demonstrated ability to provide leadership in areas to which they are not subject matter experts. For example, though identifying strategic goals and empowering and mobilizing teams to achieve these goals using their own expertise. To this end, the person in this role must be able to energize not only their own team, but also connect their team with collaborators across diverse functional areas such as safety, toxicology, preclinical, clinical, bioprocess development, and technical regulatory functions.
This position requires deep leadership and management skills as well as the passion for coaching, mentoring, and developing talent. The AO group leader will also be part of the AO leadership team and is expected to contribute to the strategy development and operational management of the department. This includes identifying and championing opportunities for continuous improvements to business processes, technologies, and strategic focus areas.
Our team deeply values integrity and passion. We're committed to being a supportive work environment and to fostering mentorship and career development for our team members. If you share our values, want to make a difference, enjoy relationship-building, and are dedicated to excellence, we're excited to hear from you!
Key Job Functions:
- Lead team in research, strategy, and assay development for process-related impurities (including authoring/review of regulatory documents and publication in peer-reviewed journals)
- Lead team in coordination of high-throughput analytical testing in support of process validation studies (including protocol, sample, and data management)
- Communicate with key stakeholders on project needs to provide clear direction and priorities to team members
- Assess current group capabilities and provide strategic direction for improvements
- Coach, mentor, and develop talent in AO
- Participate in AO strategy development and operation management
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Biology, Chemistry, or related scientific field
- 8+ years of relevant experience; 12+ years for the senior level
- 5+ years of Biologics CMC development experience
- Substantial experience and clear success in hiring, training, managing, and developing staff, including both direct and indirect reports
- Substantial experience in leading highly productive teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage and make sound decisions about scheduling and managing group priorities
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and adapt plans quickly based on new data and/or changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster meaningful partner relationships with people of different opinions to make progress towards common goals
Manufacturing Technician, Aseptic Operations Line #1 (Day Shift)
Please note this is a Day Shift position, 6:00am to 6:30pm Sunday through Tuesday (every other Wednesday)
- Adhere to all plant safety policies and procedures and proactively identify unsafe conditions Perform safety and housekeeping audits as required
- Assist in set up, change over, and test run equipment for various-sized vials and packages as required
- Supporting the Operations Specialist, Maintenance, and/or outside services in the repair, maintenance, and calibration of Genentech systems as required
- Perform training of other Technicians
- Assist in the development of plant SOP's and training materials
- Execute production recipes, check-in equipment, and perform material movements using automated computer software applications (SAP and MES systems)
- Operate all formulation, sterile filling, inspection, and final vial packaging equipment in the plant Perform material handling in the plant as required
- Perform preparation of sterile components
- Assist in the cleaning, set-up, sterilization, and dis-assembly on a variety of processing equipment Perform bulk thaw, dilution, and formulation operations
- Performing manual inspection of empty vials and filled product with a focus on quality and efficiency Conduct environmental monitoring activities in the manufacturing areas as required
- Prior to start-up, during processing, and at the completion of the manufacturing process, perform all documentation and clerical functions to provide the proper accountability and traceability of components and finished product
- At the start and finish of each shift, report and make recommendations regarding equipment, supplies, required repairs, process concerns, safety concerns, and areas for improvement in reliability, yield, and efficiency
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team-oriented environment to ensure maximum and high quality output Perform cleaning and housekeeping duties as required
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Proficiency in the English language - reading, writing, and communication
- Must be able to work all shifts (1st, 2nd, or 3rd), required overtime as needed, able to lift 45 pounds, and stand for extended periods of time
- In addition, all candidates must pass a vision acuity and color discrimination test
- Must complete periodic physical examinations to identify medical conditions which pose a risk to Grade C or higher operation
- Must have 1 to 2 years (within the last 7 years) experience in the operation of complex mechanical equipment used in the washing, filling, conveying, sealing, inspection and packaging of products/containers is highly desirable (target industries include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, biomedical, electronic, chemical, food, cosmetics, and/or other medical industries)
- Must be computer literate, including ability to interface with computer systems and PLC-based logic.
- Must be comfortable working with Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), navigating through web pages and e-mail. Must possess basic typing skills
Project Team Leader II (Director)
South San Francisco, California
We are looking for a Project Team Leader (PTL) to manage projects and portfolio related activities in Immunology, Neuroscience, Metabolism, Infectious Disease and Ophthalmology therapy areas.
PTL's are responsible for:
- Leading cross-functional Project Teams focused on the development of novel therapeutics including both large and small molecules.
- Leading project teams from pre-IND to Phase III Go to deliver first- and best-in-class therapeutic molecules for pivotal clinical trials to enable successful global development and commercialization of gRED molecules.
- Provide direction and leadership to the project team including scientific oversight of activities, budget and planning.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop project vision, strategy, product evaluation, product scope, project milestones, risk assessment and management strategies, as well as project investment requirements. Project Teams typically include representation from Research, Development, Commercial, Finance, Regulatory and Manufacturing.
- Utilize his/her deep understanding of disease biology and global drug development to effectively lead Project Teams and to drive strategic decisions for the Early Stage Portfolio Committee. The PTL role will report into the Portfolio Management and Operations function in gRED.
Who You Are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- The successful candidate should have an advanced degree in life sciences or medicine (MD or PhD) and/or an MBA.
- He/she will have at least 10 years of industry experience in drug development, including experience in early phase non-clinical and clinical drug development and regulatory knowledge.
- Experience leading teams in a matrix environment and demonstrated skills in motivation of teams is required.
- Candidate must possess a strong ability to cultivate excellent cross-functional collaborations.
- Strong decision-making and analytical skills are required.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with a proven ability to work with executive management are critical to the success of the role.
Intern - Pipeline and Portfolio Planning
South San Francisco, California
The gRED Pipeline and Portfolio Planning (PPP) group provides strategic insights & analysis, portfolio expertise and innovation to our partners within Genentech Research and Early Development (gRED) and more broadly throughout the Roche Group. Our mission is to help our gRED colleagues make the best decisions possible to bring novel therapeutics to patients. Our team is seeking talented individuals who value collaboration, integrity, and innovation to join us in helping to advance an industry-leading portfolio that will benefit patients and maximize value to our stakeholders.What We DoProvide strategic guidance to gRED’s drug development core teams
Portfolio analytics and insights
- Framing and assessing development options
- Decision analysis and recommendations
- Risk assessment
Research and development strategy
- Provide insights into the portfolio for senior leaders to guide long-term planning
- Ensure excellent portfolio management by placing individual decisions into the context of the broader pipeline
- Develop novel ways of visualizing and communicating our extensive portfolio
Ideal candidates would exhibit
- Drive projects to provide portfolio-wide perspectives on topics involving molecule throughput, informatics, innovation, risk, R&D productivity, and other difficult questions.
- A strong desire to observe and participate in the drug development process as it is practiced by an industry leader
- An interest in the intersection of the science and business of pharmaceutical and biotechnology research and development
- A willingness to collaborate and work within teams to achieve team goals;
- Openness to work styles, tasks, and responsibilities which may be new and unfamiliar
- Must be pursuing, or have recently received, advanced degree(s) in Genetics, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Neuroscience, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Management or a related field.
Senior Administrative Associate
South San Francisco, California
Department: Pharma Global Technical Operations Engineering - Americas
Job Family/Category: Engineering
Position: Senior Administrative Associate – N4
Location: South San Francisco, CA
This position will be responsible for a wide range of administrative duties for the Director of Project Management. Working in a team environment, you will handle a wide variety of situations and be responsible for confidential and time sensitive material in a fast paced, dynamic setting. As a liaison to both internal and external customers, you will solve problems and make decisions within general parameters set by the director and develop partnerships with others to improve efficiency. Your experience and mature judgment will be essential in planning and accomplishing goals as will your ability to multitask and prioritize with minimal supervision.
* Responsibilities include extensive calendaring and meeting management.
* Create and edit presentations, coordinate complex domestic and international travel arrangements, prepare expense reports, manage QuickCard purchases and reconciliation.
* Coordinate offsite events, training sessions and seminars, handle VIP and special guest arrangements.
* Manage the interview and onboarding process for new employees.
* Manage equipment and software purchases, review monthly financial reports, assist in special projects, filing, photocopying and distributing documents and generally providing assistance as necessary.
* Additional duties include providing backup to other departmental support staff.
* Coordinate PTA LT arrangements and events while in the U.S.
* The ideal candidate will have an extensive track record of success in demanding administrative positions (minimum 5+ years’ experience).
* Must be proactive, with excellent interpersonal skills and proficient in MS Office.
* Ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm; efficient with electronic calendaring and web browsers; excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills.
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Strong organizational and project coordination skills and willingness to take initiative. Displays professionalism in all internal and external endeavors.
* Successful experience indicating attention to detail, quality of work, ability to work independently and in teams, strong follow-up skills, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Knowledge of Genentech business, organizations, guidelines, policies and systems is a plus.
* Occasional overtime may be required.
Communications Business Partner/Senior Communications Business Partner, PD Regulatory
South San Francisco, California
Roche’s Global Product Development (PD) organization is responsible for all late stage drug development. PD strives to find effective treatments for patients around the world through complex clinical trials, careful result analyses, high standards of safety, and close cooperation with regulatory authorities.
The Senior Communications Business Partner (CBP) reports in to Global Product Development Communications and is based in Roche’s Genentech offices in South San Francisco. As a member of the PD Communications team, you will serve as the Communications Business Partner to the Global Head of PD Regulatory (PDR), who is a member of the Product Development Leadership Team. In this role, you will develop and execute internal communication strategies that support PD Regulatory’s business objectives.
The CBP is the senior communications expert and trusted adviser to members of the PDR Leadership Team. Possessing a deep understanding of the overall business, as well as the specific function, the CBP develops internal communications strategies, plans and messaging to support the achievement of business goals, working to:
- Communicate the function’s strategies, objectives and accomplishments to employees within PDR, as well as the broader PD organization
- Foster a healthy culture within PDR and build its credibility, trust and reputation with all audiences
- Ensure the Head of PDR has the visibility and platform necessary to align, motivate and inspire staff and instill confidence among all stakeholders
The CBP will work closely with fellow members of the PD Communications team and will interact with senior leaders and peers in PD’s five main global sites, as well as with colleagues in Roche Group Communications (Basel), Genentech Corporate Relations (SSF), the two Research and Early Development groups (gRED & pRED), Global Product Strategy and others.
- Create a cohesive, integrated internal communications program and editorial calendar to support understanding of PDR’s business objectives, as well as its mission, values and organizational behaviors
- Provide strategic communication advice and counsel to PDR Leadership Team members
- Influence the PDR Leadership Team as necessary to achieve alignment of business interests
- Exert influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of PDR as part of the function leadership team
- Channel management for all function communications
- High-level writing (executive speeches, messages to entire function, etc.)
- High-level message/presentation development
- Meeting management or facilitation
- Change communications
- Identify story ideas and create original written and digital content for internal channels that increases knowledge and understanding of PDR’s organization and drives engagement
- Plan and execute leadership visibility activities that create connections and drive engagement, including the creation of executive emails, videos, talking points and blogs
- Work with and manage external consultants and agencies to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Collaborate with peers and colleagues across Roche to ensure coordinated and consistent communications
- Contribute to budget, staff and resource allocation decisions
- A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or English is preferred or 12+ years equivalent experience
- 12+ years of employee communications experience with a strong focus in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry and/or medical or science communications
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex topics and concepts to audiences of varying knowledge levels
- Self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrix environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with deep knowledge of English grammar and AP style
- Deep understanding of and appreciation for regional and cultural norms and how they influence communications among diverse audiences
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the company
- Collaborative, team-oriented style with a focus on client service
- Ability to work successfully in ambiguous situations and navigate uncertainty
- Experience successfully managing outside contractors
- Keen attention to detail and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects while meeting deadlines
- Ability to identify, align and influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to develop audience-appropriate content and messages
- Strategic acumen, combined with strong execution skills
- Creative problem-solving
Associate Director - IMPACT Public Relations
South San Francisco, California
The Associate Director needs to be someone who is curious, questions the status quo and has the ability to take smart risks.
The Associate Director, IMPACT Public Relations will be able to:
- Build, develop and inspire a core team of public relations professionals
- Contribute as a senior member of the External Communication and Corporate Relations teams, as well as the joint Global/U.S. media relations team
- Lead the creation of a communication strategy and story for the Genentech IMPACT franchise, as well as prioritize and drive public relations activities for each individual medicine
- Co-Lead, with senior counterparts in Global Product Strategy and Group Media Relations based in Basel, Switzerland, the development of a unified global communication strategy
- Counsel and influence senior management in Commercial, Government Affairs, Research, Development and Investor Relations to ensure consistent company-wide messaging and public statements
- Lead training and briefing of executive media spokespeople
- Direct media activities for clinical trial announcements, FDA approvals and other stories to communicate the benefit of Genentech’s medicines to the public
- Oversee public relations agencies and manage annual budget
To be successful the Associate Director, Public Relations must have:
- Demonstrated public relations and communication skills, with a particular focus on experience working with the media and driving for results
- Demonstrated experience of leading teams successfully; ability to attract and retain high caliber employees; ability to develop, coach and provide feedback to continuously improve performance of the team
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience of being a company spokesperson
- Proficiency in decision making; understanding the broad context for decisions and taking accountability for the outcome
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, communication and risk taking skills
- Comfort in navigating conflict while maintaining productive relationships
- Ability to influence peers and senior management without direct authority
- Experience directly engaging with senior management with minimal oversight
- BS/BA required; advanced degree desirable
- 12+ years of experience, a mixture of agency and corporate preferred
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Biotech or pharma experience is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of evolving technology and communication platforms
South San Francisco, California
Learning Strategists are positioned within PDG’s– Samples, Learning & Quality function. PDG Learning provides appropriate and strategically aligned learning and development curricula to the business functions across Clinical Operations (PDG). The Learning Strategists work to enhance PDG’s capabilities to better meet or exceed our strategic, business, financial and operational goals and targets in the areas of clinical trial planning and execution to fulfill our shared mission of:
- Transforming molecules to medicines
- Through the rigorous execution of clinical trials
- For the benefit of patients
The Learning Strategists report directly into the Head of PDG Learning. They work to support PDG’s vision and mission through development and delivery of learning and team solutions to promote the highest level of alignment and efficiency across PDG. The Learning Strategists are also a member of the Functional PDG Learning global leadership team.
The Learning Strategists will partner very closely with the Heads of Solutions and Head of Learning Operations to align the strategy and translate the business needs into the appropriate implementation and execution of solutions so that internal PDG functions can increase their skills, abilities and knowledge and as a result have direct impact on improvements in PDG’s business, strategies, operations and goals. The Learning Strategists are well versed in best practice for learning and team services, instructional design, adult learning theory, facilitation and other relevant learning methodologies to ensure value-added learning & development for PDG/PD. In collaboration with The Head, Solutions Team, Learning Strategists have oversight over learning solutions and the success of those solutions. This includes gathering relevant metrics and creating timely feedback loops to improve, enhance and optimize learning solutions across PDG.
They are visionary with a proven track record of developing and implementing end-to-end L&D strategy which aligns fully with the broader business goals. They have deep L&D expertise combined with hands-on experience in translating the strategic and theoretical into practical and relevant solutions. They are passionate about the future of learning and navigating our complex landscape to deliver tangible results.
Learning Strategists are responsible for driving leadership behaviors in PDG to enable employee engagement, creative thinking and a culture of delivery excellence across sites and teams. They work in partnership with Site, Functional and study management team leaders to introduce techniques, strategies and solutions that enhance leadership and team performance, and promote the highest level of alignment and efficiency across PDG.
Collaborate and create strategic partnerships with global PDG leaders and subject matter experts to assess and identify the learning and team services needs of the business. Establish trust and credibility with a high level of business acumen to credibly make business cases through linking current and anticipated business challenges with learning and development solutions.
Create evaluation strategy to measure the ROI or ROV of our initiatives and prioritizing and empowering each employee with the tools they need to succeed and grow.
Act as strategic advisor in the design, facilitation, delivery and evaluation of effective learning experiences that are focused on developing leadership behaviors that promote PDG effectiveness and engagement.
Make appropriate recommendations to partners and stakeholders for new or enhanced learning solutions and other relevant resources. This includes learning objectives, target audience, core content, delivery methodologies, time to develop and deliver, potential costs and other required resources, change management and change control requirements, etc. Create shared accountability for outcome & success.
Coach and support PDG leaders to work more effectively and fulfil their role as sponsors of change and leaders of the broader organization.
Develop a set of actionable and targeted plans, in concert with site leadership, to increase employee engagement and cross-functional communication. Ensure cross-site alignment
Develop and apply a structured approach for site/team knowledge sharing and best practice.
Facilitate sessions and coach PDG leadership teams through organizational change.
Promote the identification and embedding of behaviors that support high performing Study Management Teams (SMTs) in partnership with SMT Leaders.
Engage, direct and deploy the Solutions Team to execute on the strategy co-created with stakeholders. Manage portfolio of work prioritized by business imperative and strategic direction. Create shared accountability for measurable outcome and success of the initiatives.
Qualifications, Experience and Expertise:
BSc/BS/BA degree. Advanced degree or designation in Organization or Leadership Development is a plus
12+ years' experience in learning, talent and organizational development or human resources working within a global organization.
Ideally, specialist expertise in leadership and/or team effectiveness and/or leadership coaching and consulting.
Experience in leadership development theories and approaches (such as Leadership Agility and Neuroscience).
Strong business acumen, with the ability to credibly make a business case, by linking current and anticipated business challenges with learning and development solutions.
Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, decision making skills. Ability to think strategically with a demonstrated track record of developing and implementing an end-to-end L&D strategy aligned with the business.
Knowledge of learning strategy development, client advising, performance consultation methodologies, design and delivery of blending learning interventions using a variety of delivery methodologies, project, program, vendor, and matrix management.
Ability to build trust and confidence at all levels. Ability to influence groups with diverse perspectives and align teams toward a common vision or goal.
Deep L&D expertise combined with hands on experience in translating the strategic and theoretical into practical and relevant solutions.
Highly capable communicators, with the ability to effectively influence all levels of the organization. Excellent interpersonal, presentation, facilitation and coaching skills.
Experience in design and implementation of solutions focused on leadership behaviors, team performance and/or staff engagement.
Well-versed and passionate about digital learning and using social learning platforms to drive engagement and scale.
Experience with digital learning and social learning platforms to drive engagement and scale.
Experience with conflict resolution, and helping leaders navigate through challenging situations. Ability to challenge assumptions and the status quo e.g. when tradition impedes performance improvements.
Desire to act as a change agent, with willingness to try new approaches.
Ability to adapt, navigate the function and organization through complex and diverse situations; comfortable with ambiguity.
Principal Cloud Engineer
South San Francisco, California
As a core member of the Roche Scientific Infrastructure (RSI) team, the cloud engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining all aspects of scientific cloud usage in RSI across all divisions. You will work closely with other members of the RSI team and Infrastructure Services. The successful candidate will need to rely on their experience, knowledge and expertise across many technical areas, working independently to engineer and develop complex automated builds and configurations for cloud environment and services.
Candidates are expected to incorporate advanced automation capabilities to deliver advanced, dynamic hosted services, that would be made available on premise and in public shared environments on a variety of hosting platforms (bare metal, virtualized and containerized) in support of the goals and objectives of IT business partners and scientists. You would be responsible for contributing to the development of new global techniques and standards, influencing the direction of cloud services in Roche and addressing emerging business needs with innovative application of state-of-the-art capabilities. Recognized as an expert in the field you would provide technical consultancy to other members of Infrastructure Services and ensure effective utilization, enabling others to succeed.
- Set the strategy and engineering building blocks and blueprints supporting the utilization of automation in Infrastructure as Code services implementations for RSI.
- Demonstrated experience with 2+ IaaS, SaaS, PaaS service providers (AWS, Google, Azure).
- Will be accountable for building blueprints for IaaS (including instantiation and joining of VMs to the Roche environment), SaaS (including serverless apps) and PaaS (including data wharehouses e.g. Redshift / Relational Databases).
- Ensuring that the implementations meet quality, compliance and security requirements, including adhering to the MSB and integrating with the new RSI I&AM AD solution with PAM integration as well as role based implementations.
- Ensure effective integration of all RSI infrastructure components for cloud (IaC) usage including network & storage (including object storage) maintaining ease of use and scalability for users.
- Awareness of other related infrastructure e.g. HPC resources pipelining and scheduling for effective collaboration.
- Working closely with other members of the RSI team to ensure that Cloud implementations work well across RSI services (unix, container, HPC) and integrate with other core services (network, I&AM, tiered storage).
This position is not eligible for relocation.
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in a relevant field of technology, science or business.
- 10 to 15 years of experience with engineering virtual environments, 5 to 10 years with automation and cloud systems or related infrastructure, experience with continuous integration methodologies and their application to IaC.
- Experienced in one or more continuous integration (jenkins, teamcity, bamboo, etc), automation technologies (ansible, vagrant, terraform, etc) to be used to develop blueprints with service now cloud management and workflow automation tools.
- Experienced in native APIs for 2+ public cloud vendors (AWS, Google, Azure) with a portfolio of examples.
- Demonstrating a passion for excellence and ability to partner and deliver exemplifying the Roche Leadership Commitments.
- Functional knowledge of I&AM / Federation, AD integration, role based authorization in the application and use of IaC resources and services.
Global Customer Engagement Program - Product Owner Data and Analytics
With this job posting for the position “IT Product Data and Analytics”, we invite you to join us in creating something special. You will be assuming a leading conceptual, managerial and fully accountable role in Roche Pharma’s upcoming “Global Customer Engagement” program. With your business co-lead and all the business and IT colleagues in your respective program unit (the “tribe”) you will push our understanding, actions and outcomes in engaging Roche Pharma customers.
The position ultimately accounts all underlying respective IT capabilities and solutions. You will also support the business colleagues in shaping and crafting the vision, strategy and key tactics of Roche Pharma’s customer engagement model, across the sales, marketing, medical, and access domains. You will ensure a globally consistent and continuous matching of the delivered capabilities and functionalities against the business requirements. You will keep the respective program domain and related activities to the product on track. You co-create vision and desired outcomes, design the user stories relevant for the release cycles, controlling the program track’s backlogs, and overseeing the fulfilment of the program’s and its releases acceptance criteria and test outcomes.
In this role, you will report to the IT Program Director. You will be a member of the Program’s leadership team. You will run your domain / your tribe with an entrepreneurial spirit, having impact and influence on the future customer engagement landscape with all its aspects.
Particularly, for the tribe “Data and Analytics”, your focus will lie in the definition of business outcomes, business KPIs, the implementation of descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytical solutions, high class user-centric information presentation. You will significantly influence customer master data design, the whole information architecture, data design and data quality.
Your other key responsibilities are as follows.
- Defining the IT product’s (solution’s) scope and requirements
- Translate Strategic and tactical requirements into capability fulfilment rules and user stories
- Drive and own the track/domain full process model and the complete coherent flow and consistency of the underlying stories
- Validate and familiarize story definitions with the program, business, and IT community
- Maintain the track/domain backlog and take corrective actions for backlog deviations
- Strive for global applicability and usability of the created solutions and deployed applications
- Strive for high customer satisfaction and acceptance, high quality and valuable deliverables, and a high-class user-centric design and user experience of the provided capabilities and functionalities
- Work with partners and suppliers to ensure deliverables seamless flow, match and integrate
- Ensure that all released capabilities are thoroughly tested and documented as required
- Ensure team incl. tribes’ and squads’ performance is continuously at the desired level by developing, qualifying, mentoring and coaching program track/domain members
- Be an ambassador of the GCE program, of Pharma Informatics and all Roche IT amongst the business partners and functions
- Act as deputy of the IT program director on request
We are looking for you as a personality with courage and the ambition to reach beyond established limits. You have a passion for relationships, for achieving very ambitious targets and for maximizing the benefit for everyone. Ideally you are familiar with commercial and medical processes and solutions. Best you have a track record in designing and implementing modern customer facing solutions including x-channel approaches and advanced insights generation.
Your profile could look like this:
- Relevant bachelor degree or equivalent as a minimum; relevant postgraduate degree desirable
- 7+ years of experience working in IT environment. Experience of pharmaceutical / life sciences industry desirable.
- 5+ years in analyzing business scenarios, requirements, and creation of associated solution requirements and technical specifications.
- Experience in most or some of the following domains: sales force automation, digital interaction channels, multi-channel marketing management solutions, campaign management, digital analytics, predictive analytics, dashboard design, user interface design, artificial intelligence
- Good knowledge of relevant solution technologies across vertical Roche standards (across Salesforce.com product portfolio, Adobe, HTML, integration techniques)
- Knowledge of industry template-based solutions in CRM, marketing automation etc. is an asset
- Fluent English (oral and written) is essential