Search for a job:
A World-Class Collaboration in Science
Genentech’s four-year postdoctoral program pairs PhD graduates with world-class scientists to conduct research of the highest caliber. Postdocs at Genentech are encouraged to study meaningful scientific questions and to develop their abilities as independent scientific investigators. You'll thrive through daily collaboration with leading scientists both at Genentech and beyond.
As a Postdoc, you will:
- Have an unrivaled opportunity to put yourself at the forefront of science, working with some of the world's most well-known and prolific scientists
- Enjoy a nurturing environment with mentors who help you become an independent scientific investigator
- Have the opportunity to pursue important scientific questions and watch your ideas move from the laboratory into development, then into the clinic
- Work in our Research, Pharma Technical Development, or Development Sciences Organizations
- Have the chance to present research at internal and external meetings
- Emerge as a critical contributor to our mission to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines that treat people with serious or life-threatening medical conditions
Our emphasis on rigorous scientific training brings about new ideas, techniques, and cutting-edge capabilities. A guiding tenet for postdoctoral research is timely publication in prestigious journals, after filing patent applications where appropriate.
Postdoctoral program activities include:
- Annual Offsite Meeting - A keynote speaker from outside of Genentech postdocs presents their work
- Onsite Postdoctoral Meetings - Held twice monthly to give postdocs the opportunity to present their latest research
- Postdoc Seminar Series - Part of an annual seminar series, postdocs invite and host 10-12 speakers of their choosing
Applicants should have a PhD degree in a field of science (the specific field will vary by position). A strong publication record is often required.
Salary & Benefits
Postdocs come to Genentech after completing their doctorate or with some years of postdoctoral experience. Postdoctoral tenure at Genentech is for up to four years. Annual salary starts at $73,000 for your first year in the program, $75,000 for the second year, $77,000 for the third year, and $79,000 for the fourth year. Salaries increase yearly based on satisfactory performance.
Postdocs are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Pay for company holidays & year end shutdown
- Vacation Time (18 days)
- Free access to gRide - Genentech’s bus system across the Bay Area
- Free access to Genentech’s gym, campus amenities, and other onsite services
- Non-local candidates are eligible for a relocation package
How to Apply
To apply, view our open postdoctoral positions on www.gene.com/careers and search "Postdoctoral Research Fellow." Postdoc positions are open on a rolling basis throughout the year. Select candidates will be invited to Genentech, where they’ll present a seminar on their research and meet with an interview team.