Funding Request Process
Registration & Application
- Funding requests must be submitted online through the Genentech Funding System, which can be accessed using the apply for funding button to the right
- Before you can make a funding request on behalf of an organization using the Genentech Request System, you must register yourself as a user (see New User Registration Tip Sheet)
- Completed funding request must be submitted at least 60 days before the start date of an activity
- All organizations register using the same process and require basic information so Genentech can determine the proper type of funding
- After submitting your basic information, you will be asked a series of questions to ascertain the correct type of funding. Based on your answers, you will be directed to an application specific to your funding type
- Once a request is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email
- Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis; you will usually hear back from Genentech prior to the project/program start date.
- If an application is incomplete or funding type does not match the original request a Request for Information (RFI) will be sent to the requestor
- All requests are reviewed for compliance to Genentech's policies for grant funding
- Decision on funding requests are determined after a full review and evaluation of the funding request application and related documents
- You will receive an email communication regarding the decision
- If you have any questions regarding the decision, please contact us here.
- If a funding request is approved, an electronic Letter of Agreement (LOA) with the terms and conditions of the funding will be sent to all relevant parties
- The LOA must be electronically signed and accepted by the authorized signer
- You will receive the funding via check or electronic payment after the acceptance of the LOA
- Activity monitoring, evaluation and reconciliation is required for particular funding types
Note: The funding application site does not support IE8 or earlier
NOTICE: We have made some updates and additions to our grant applications for Healthcare Charitable Giving, Philanthropic Charitable Giving, Scientific Projects, and Fellowships. Please consult the appropriate Tip Sheets as needed, or reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.