Funding Request Process
Registration & Application
- Funding requests must be submitted online through the Genentech Funding System, which can be accessed using the apply for funding button to the right
- Before you can make a funding request on behalf of an organization using the Genentech Request System, you must register yourself as a user (see New User Registration Tip Sheet)
- Completed funding request must be submitted at least 60 days before the start date of an activity
- All organizations register using the same process and require basic information so Genentech can determine the proper type of funding
- After submitting your basic information, you will be asked a series of questions to ascertain the correct type of funding. Based on your answers, you will be directed to an application specific to your funding type
- Once a request is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email
- Decisions are made on a case-by-case basis; you will usually hear back from Genentech prior to the project/program start date.
- If an application is incomplete or funding type does not match the original request a Request for Information (RFI) will be sent to the requestor
- All requests are reviewed for compliance to Genentech's policies for grant funding
- Decision on funding requests are determined after a full review and evaluation of the funding request application and related documents
- You will receive an email communication regarding the decision
- If you have any questions regarding the decision, please contact us here.
- If a funding request is approved, an electronic Letter of Agreement (LOA) with the terms and conditions of the funding will be sent to all relevant parties
- The LOA must be electronically signed and accepted by the authorized signer
- You will receive the funding via check or electronic payment after the acceptance of the LOA
- Activity monitoring, evaluation and reconciliation is required for particular funding types
For the funding request process for Independent Co-pay Assistance Foundation Charitable Support, please visit us here.
Note: The funding application site does not support IE8 or earlier