Committed to Access
We are committed to helping people get access to Genentech medicines whenever possible. Genentech Access Solutions offers coverage support, patient assistance, and other useful information to help you along the way.
We offer a full range of programs and services to meet the needs of patients and are here to help when one of our medicines is prescribed.
How Access Solutions Can Help You
Genentech Access Solutions can help you manage payments for your prescribed Genentech medicines. We can work with you if:
- You have no health care plan
- Your health care plan turned down paying for your medicine
- You have a high co-pay or co-insurance
Patient assistance support is for eligible patients in the United States who don’t have insurance coverage or who can’t afford out-of-pocket co-pay costs.
A History of Providing Access
We have been providing assistance to patients since our first medicine was approved in 1985. To date, we have helped more than one million patients.
- We helped more than 175,000 patients access the Genentech medicines they needed
- The Genentech® Access to Care Foundation (GATCF) provided free Genentech medicine to approximately 30,000 patients who did not have insurance, were underinsured or whose insurance wouldn’t cover their Genentech medicine, and who met certain medical and financial criteria
- Our donations to independent non-profit organizations supported more than 75,000 patients who were having trouble affording their co-pays
* Patients must meet certain criteria.
About Our Programs
Understand your healthcare coverage
We can perform a benefits investigation (BI) to help you understand what costs your health care plan will and won’t cover.
Sometimes your health care provider needs to approve your medicine before they’ll pay for it. This is called prior authorization (PA). We’ll help you figure out if it’s needed. And we’ll help walk your doctor’s office through the next steps.
Patient Assistance Programs
Genentech Access Solutions can help patients whose health care plans don’t pay for their medicine. We can also help patients who have concerns about their co-pay.
The Genentech® Access to Care Foundation
The Genentech Access to Care Foundation, or GATCF, helps eligible patients who don't have insurance, who are underinsured or whose health care plan won't pay for their medicine. GATCF helps qualified patients receive their medicine free of charge.
Genentech Therapy-Specific Co-pay CardsReferrals to Co-pay Foundations
If you have a commercial health care plan, you might qualify for a Genentech co-pay card. This card can help you with your out-of-pocket costs for your medicine.
If you don’t qualify for the co-pay card, we still might be able to help. We’ll help connect you with a co-pay foundation who might be able to help you pay for your medicine.
Genentech does not control or influence how these foundations distribute their funds.
- Visit the Access Solutions website
- Select your product to review available services
- Talk to your doctor