FAQs for Current Suppliers
How do I become a Roche/Genentech supplier?
Please register on our Supplier Diversity site: www.gene.com/supplierreg to increase your company’s visibility within our organization, please complete the forms included in the New Supplier Information Packet for U.S. Vendors only. Supplier Information Packet (PDF)
Please keep in mind, the more information that is readily available, the quicker we will be able to assist with your request.
Contact our Supplier Relations Department at (650) 225-2500 for more information.
What documentation must I provide?
Foreign Vendors: (Anyone outside of the USA)
- W8 BEN Form (PDF)
- Electronic Payment Form/ACH Payments (PDF)
- 8233 (PDF) Foreign individuals who receive compensation for services performed in the US and fall under a tax treaty exemption between the US and the individuals home country. If the foreign independent contractor does not have a US taxpayer ID number and does not want taxes withheld, then they will need to submit form W7 to the IRS. A copy of the filed W7 must then accompany form 8233.
NOTE: A vendor must be setup in Roche/Genentech's SAP system in order to issue payment. Roche/Genentech requires three to five business days from date of receipt of the completed forms to set up the vendor in the system.
I'm representing a non-profit organization. Do I still have to complete a form?
Yes, we will still require the Supplier Information Packet in order to gather your company information.
Can other Genentech personnel use the Vendor ID no. assigned to my company?
Yes, once your company is in the Roche/Genentech system any personnel may use this Vendor ID to procure and/or pay for goods or services.
My name, address, or tax status has changed. Do I need to submit a new form?
Name Change — Yes, you must complete a new Supplier Information Packet form with your new company name and new Tax ID# with all the updated information.
Address Change — No, we don’t require a new Supplier Information Packet, however, you must provide correspondence requesting an address change and update the Supplier Registration web site. This information can be emailed to us at email@example.com or faxed to 800-229-4041.
- Tax Status Change — Yes, you must complete a new Supplier Information Packet with new Tax ID or status and reference the old information.
For information on any of the above items, please contact our P2P Support Help Desk @ 650-467-0810 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Address Change — No, we don’t require a new Supplier Information Packet, however, you must provide correspondence requesting an address change and update the Supplier Registration web site. This information can be emailed to us at email@example.com or faxed to 800-229-4041.
Where do I submit my forms or inquiries?
To submit your forms, please provide this at the time one of our Roche/Genentech business partners’ contacts you to become a supplier, this would be the first start of our process to become a supplier/vendor. Please also see the first FAQ question (How Do I Become A Roche/Genentech Supplier?)
For questions, please contact our P2P Support Help Desk @ 650-467-0810 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax 800-229-4041 (Attention VA Team).
When do you send out 1099 MISC forms?
1099 will be sent out by January 31st of each year.
Invoices & Payments
What are your Guidelines for Goods and Services?
The following guidelines apply to all goods and services procured by Roche/Genentech:
- Roche/Genentech requires all suppliers to have an open purchase order with sufficient funds available before any work begins or goods are delivered.
- Roche/Genentech's purchase order terms and conditions apply to all goods and services procured by Roche/Genentech unless previously established by a pre-existing contract between Roche/Genentech and the supplier.
- When required by Roche/Genentech, a signed agreement/contract must be returned to Roche/Genentech before a PO will be issued and work can begin.
- Roche/Genentech only pays for materials and services specified on the purchase order. Roche/Genentech does not pay for goods shipped in excess of the specified quantity or for work that is not specified on the PO.
Where do I send my invoices for payment?
Mailing address for invoices (unless stated differently in your contract):
P.O. Box 4354
Portland, OR 97208-4354
By Email to::
Who can I talk to if I have questions about my invoices?
Invoice Disputes and Inquiries: please contact Genentech's P2P Support for all invoice and order inquiries at (650) 467-0810 or email questions to email@example.com.
What must I include on my invoice for payment?
Invoices must contain the following information to be considered eligible for payment:
- Vendor Name
- Vendor Invoice Number
- Vendor Invoice Date
- Payment terms
- Roche/Genentech PO number (required for amounts over $5,000.00)
- Include Roche/Genentech business partner contact if no PO is supplied
- Remit address
- Detail summary for charges, and amount of charges
- Item/service description (must match the PO, if applicable)
- Quantity ordered (must match the PO, if applicable)
- Unit of measure (must match the PO, if applicable)
- Prices and total cost for each product/service (must match the PO, if applicable)
For alternative billing methods such as summary billing or EDI: Vendors with large volumes of invoices (25 or more invoices per month) may qualify for Summary Billing (Excel spreadsheet of invoice information) or EDI. Please contact Genentech's P2P Customer Support for all invoice and order inquiries at (650) 467-0810 or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Citibank Credit Cards: Roche/Genentech uses Corporate Purchasing Cards to pay for low dollar ($5K or less) transactions that are not on a Purchase Order. Many departments have purchasing cards that can be used for immediate payment. Our card provider is Citibank
ACH/EFT: As part of Genentech's continuing efforts to improve efficiency, we offer our Automatic Clearing House (ACH) Payment Program. With ACH payments, invoices are paid electronically and no check will be created for your payment.
Benefits to setting up ACH include:
- Posting of deposits to your company bank account sooner. This will eliminate waiting to receive payment in the mail and manually depositing the check at the bank.
- Reducing multi-handling risks. Payment is made directly from our bank to yours, reducing the probability of human intervention error.
- Preventing lost or delayed checks. Payments are made electronically, without the possibility of a check getting lost in the mail.
To participate, complete the Electronic Payment Form, date, sign (electronic signature is acceptable) and return it via fax to 800-229-4041 or email email@example.com and mark it to the attention of the VA Team.
Please note that your company and bank must be able to accept ACH/EFT or Wire (some banks charge a fee for wires) transactions since the remittance advice is currently sent to the vendor's bank.
There are various reasons the submitted invoice is blocked for payment. They include:
- Genentech did not receive the invoice
- The invoice is not billed to Roche/Genentech
- The invoice did not include all required elements for payment
- The invoice does not match the setup of the referenced PO
- The PO has insufficient funds for payment
- The invoice did not include a PO number
- The invoice is pending approval per the Roche/Genentech business partner contact
Invoices will be paid per the established agreement (contract) of net terms or per our standard net 60 terms.
In each instance, the P2P Support team can assist in the resolution of open invoices.