FAQs for Current Suppliers
How do I become a Genentech supplier?
Please contact our Supplier Relations Department at (650) 225-2500 for more information. We will need information such as:
- What services your company provides
- A W-9 Tax form available upon request
Please keep in mind that the more information that is readily available, the quicker we will be able to assist your request.
- W9 Form (PDF)
US vendors (i.e. individuals, organizations, or companies) who operate in the United States or its territories.
- W8 BEN Form (PDF)
Foreign vendors (i.e. individuals, organizations, or companies) subject to US tax on compensation they receive from a US company.
- Form 8233 (PDF)
Foreign individuals who receive compensation for services performed in the US and fall under a tax treaty exemption between the US and the individuals home country.
If the foreign independent contractor does not have a US taxpayer ID number and does not want taxes withheld, then they will need to submit form W7 to the IRS. A copy of the filed W7 must then accompany form 8233.
NOTE: A vendor must be setup in Genentech's SAP system in order for Genentech to issue payment. Genentech requires three business days from date of receipt of the completed forms to set up the vendor in the system.
- What version of W9 must I provide?
You must provide a W9 version dated Nov 2003 or more recently.
- I'm representing a non-profit organization. Do I still have to complete a W9?
Yes, we will require a W9 form in order to confirm your tax status as a non-profit organization.
- How do I get set up as a supplier in your system?
To be set up as a supplier in the Genentech system you must first provide the appropriate IRS form:
- W9 — individuals, organization, or companies who operate in the United States.
- W8BEN — foreign individuals, foreign organizations, or foreign companies.
- 8233 — foreign individuals who receive compensation for services performed in the United States.
- Can other Genentech personnel use the Vendor ID no. assigned to my company?
Yes, once your company is in the Genentech system any Genentech personnel may use this Vendor ID to procure and/or pay for goods or services.
- My name, address, or tax status has changed. Do I need to submit a new W9?
Name Change — Yes, you must complete a new W9 form with new company name.
Address Change — No, you must provide correspondence requesting an address change and/or updated in the Genentech system.
Tax Status Change — Yes, you must complete a new W9 form with new Tax ID or status.
- Where do I submit my W9 form or inquiries?
To submit W9 forms you may:
- Attached a completed W9 form with your first invoice
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to: 877-506-2641 (W9 form only)
- Mail to:
P.O. Box 9030
South San Francisco, CA 94080
For all invoice related inquiries please contact the P2P support team at:
- When do you send out 1099 MISC forms?
1099 will be sent out by January 31st of each year.
Invoices & Payments
- What are your Guidelines for Goods and Services?
The following guidelines apply to all goods and services procured by Genentech:
- Genentech requires all suppliers to have an open purchase order with sufficient funds available before any work begins or goods are delivered.
- Genentech's purchase order terms and conditions apply to all goods and services procured by Genentech unless previously established by a pre-existing contract between Genentech and the supplier.
- When required by Genentech, a signed agreement/contract must be returned to Genentech before a PO will be issued and work can begin.
- Genentech only pays for materials and services specified on the purchase order. Genentech does not pay for goods shipped in excess of the specified quantity or for work that is not specified on the PO.
- Where do I send my invoices for payment?
Mailing address for invoices (unless stated differently in your contract):
P.O. Box 4354
Portland, OR 97208-4354
Email address to submit invoices (if there are no inquiries):
- Who can I talk to if I have questions about my invoice?
Invoice Disputes and Inquiries: please contact Genentech's P2P Customer Support for all invoice and order inquiries at (650) 467-0810 or email questions to email@example.com.
- What must I include on my invoice for payment?
Invoices must contain the following information to be considered eligible for payment:
- Vendor Name
- Vendor Invoice Number
- Vendor Invoice Date
- Payment terms
- Genentech PO number (required for amounts over $5,000.00)
- Include Genentech business partner contact if no PO is supplied
- Remit address
- Detail summary for charges, and amount of charges
- Item/service description (must match the PO, if applicable)
- Quantity ordered (must match the PO, if applicable)
- Unit of measure (must match the PO, if applicable)
- Prices and total cost for each product/service (must match the PO, if applicable)
- Are there alternative methods of invoicing?
For alternative billing methods such as summary billing or EDI: Vendors will large volumes of invoices (25 or more invoices per month) may qualify for Summary Billing (Excel spreadsheet of invoice information) or EDI. Please contact Genentech's P2P Customer Support for all invoice and order inquiries at (650) 467-0810 or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What payment methods are available other than a check?
- American Express Credit Cards: Genentech uses Corporate Purchasing Cards to pay for low dollar ($5K or less) transactions that are not on a Purchase Order. Many departments have purchasing cards that can be used for immediate payment. Our card provider is American Express
- ACH: As part of Genentech's continuing efforts to improve efficiency, we offer our Automatic Clearing House (ACH) Payment Program. With ACH payments, invoices are paid electronically and no check will be created for your payment. Benefits to setting up ACH include:
- Posting of deposits to your company bank account sooner. This will eliminate waiting to receive payment in the mail and manually depositing the check at the bank.
- Reducing multi-handling risks. Payment is made directly from our bank to yours, reducing the probability of human intervention error.
- Preventing lost or delayed checks. Payments are made electronically, without the possibility of a check getting lost in the mail.
Please note that your company and bank must be able to handle ACH CTX transactions since the remittance advice is currently sent to the vendor's bank.
- Why is my invoice blocked for payment? (Why has my invoice not been paid?)
There are various reasons the submitted invoice is blocked for payment. They include:
- Genentech did not receive the invoice
- The invoice did not include all required elements for payment
- The invoice does not match the setup of the referenced PO
- The PO has insufficient funds for payment
- The invoice did not include a PO
- The invoice is pending approval per the Genentech business partner contact
In each instance, the P2P Customer Support team can assist in the resolution of open invoices.
- When will my invoice be paid?
Invoices will be paid per the established agreement of net terms.