Quiz: Colon Cancer
According to the American Cancer Society, colorectal cancer is one of the most common cancers in the United States –1 in 20 people will get diagnosed with the disease. A recent study published in the journal Cancer, found that 1 in 7 colorectal diagnoses are in people who are younger than the recommended screening age of 50, most of which have advanced stages of the disease.1
1. Which of these is not a common symptom of colorectal cancer?
2. True or False: People younger than the recommended screening age of 50 do not need to worry about their risks for colorectal cancer.
3. A new study published by Cancer found that 1 in 7 colorectal cancer patients are younger than the recommended screening age of 50, and estimates that in 2030, the diagnosis rates for people under 50 will reach which statistic?
4. Colorectal cancer is the ___ most common cancer in the United States.
5. According to the American Cancer Society, about how many colorectal cancer diagnoses are expected this year?
6. Which of these is a common risk of colorectal cancer?
7. According to the American Cancer Society, there has been a ___ % decline in colorectal cancer diagnosis in people over 50.
1 Abdelsattar ZM, Wong SL, Regenbogen SE, Jomaa DM, Hardiman KM and Hendren S. (2016) Colorectal cancer outcomes and treatment patterns in patients too young for average-risk screening. Cancer. doi: 10.1002/cncr.29716