Quiz: Bladder Cancer
Bladder cancer is the fifth most commonly diagnosed cancer in the U.S., but it often does not receive the same attention as other common cancers.1 Take this quiz to test your knowledge about this disease.
Before taking the quiz, you can brush up on your bladder cancer knowledge here.
1. Approximately how many people in the U.S. will be diagnosed with bladder cancer this year?2
2. Which of the following is not a risk factor for bladder cancer?3
3. True or False? Bladder cancer affects mostly young women.3
4. Which region in the U.S. has the highest incidence rate of bladder cancer?4
5. What is the most common type of bladder cancer?3
6. All of the below are symptoms of advanced bladder cancer except which one?3
1 Jensen, JD. Public estimates of cancer frequency: Cancer incidence perceptions mirror distorted media depictions. Journal of Health Communication. doi: 10.1080/10810730.2013.837551
2 National Cancer Institute. SEER Stat Fact Sheets: Bladder Cancer. http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/urinb.html. Accessed April 29, 2016.2
3 American Cancer Society. Bladder Cancer. http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003085-pdf.pdf. Accessed April 29, 2016
4 National Cancer Institute. State Cancer Profiles. http://statecancerprofiles.cancer.gov/incidencerates/index.php?stateFIPS=00&cancer=071&race=00&sex=0&age=001&year=0&type=incd&sortVariableName=rate&sortOrder=default#results. Accessed April 29, 2016.