Located on 100 acres in Solano County - just 50 miles northeast of San Francisco - the Vacaville site was acquired in 1994.
Today, the Vacaville site is one of the world's largest biotechnology manufacturing plants for the large-scale production of pharmaceutical proteins from mammalian cells. There are more than 427,000 square feet of space devoted to manufacturing, maintenance, laboratories, office space and warehousing.
- Take Hwy. 101 North, cross the Bay Bridge
- Take Interstate 80 East, towards Sacramento
- Head North for approximately 50 miles
- When you reach Vacaville, take Hwy. 505 Winters
- Exit at Vaca Valley Parkway
- Make a right at the first stop sign
- Genentech is on your immediate right
- Take Interstate 80 West, towards San Francisco
- Exit at Leisure Town Road/Vaca Valley Parkway
- Turn right onto Vaca Valley Parkway
- Turn left on New Horizons Way
- Genentech is on the right